Friday, March 2, 2018

Dopamine Dressing and Unicorn Confetti



A great way to Happy Brain: Yarn !

I cannot believe it is already Friday ! It literally feels like I just did the last update and here it is again : A week later! So, what happened?  Let’s see…well, packed all the orders and shipped them to their new homes, dyed lots and lots of new yarns, painted, started knitting something for family, finished knitting something for a baby hopping into the world soon, started spinning and and dyeing custom orders, organized lots of new blends to be made and come live with me soon….lol.. and labelled , photographed tonights update. Bang ! that’s it!

I think I may have to charge up my batteries again because I think I need to step up and be faster doing what I need to do to get everything ready for new shows and markets coming up. I did not go anywhere but the post office this week. That’s it. This basically is what my work week looks like most of the time. The hard part is when my body hurts so much that it is extremely hard to keep going or my brain tells me that I am no good at what I do : “ you need to do more!” , “ You need to do better” , “ see that person selling stuff for $10? Well, that’s you done! Better shape up or ship out!”. The doubt, the frustration, the anxiety, the unrelenting push for being the best you can possibly be.

I love my brain..I love what information it can hold (although it is starting to forfget more than I would like it to!)  , what it can tell me, how logical I can be and then BAM! At the same time, my brain can be the most cruel piece of equipment I have. Breathe! Think! Take inventory and then…start again. I feel like I am very fortunate to be doing what I do. To be able to live my life surrounded by paints and pigments and bunnies and fluffy stuff. Creating mixes of colour and sensual textures. Creating smiles and memories. and there, that, in the end,is what it is all about: Smiles and Memories. I just wish I could sit on a beach somewhere and have a cocktail with that every once in a while. LOL

The rare sheep breed adventure of the Racka Sheep is almost ready to be dyed and carded up into batts. The pigments are all prepared and ready to roll too. At the same time I am also preparing the March Clubs ! The teaser will be posted on my Instagram account andfacebook account over the weekend as well ! It is going to be awesome !!! not saying any more ! lol So a busy weekend again for me ! And then , before you know it , it will be the spin in preparations for the grandvalley Spinning group market to be held mid march ! I need to get my inner energizer bunny going for sure ! I have so many angora bunny yarns that need to be handspun it is not funny! I think I need a dobby or …ten LOL But hey, I can only do so much and with handspinning or weaving or knitting as with any craft you cannot possibly go fast. It takes time. I have to remind myself of that and enjoy the process. Especially with dyeing and with spinning: you have to be in the moment. Once you start worrying or are stressed about stuff, it shows in the spinning or the dyeing. Happy thoughts make happy yarn I always say.

For this Friday update I thought it would be great to offer you some of the Silver Star Sock yarn: a superfine merino blended with yummy cashmere and some bling ! It is so super soft it should be illegal..lol
It knits up beautifully and is extremely soft. The fact that it has just the right amount of silver bling in it, will put a smile on your face, because you know, bling makes everything better !


Here are all the offerings for tonight and also the sign ups are open for the next fibre, yarn and batt club starting in April 2018! That is next month already so do not wait too long ! Even when you are a member now you will have to sign up again for the next round: it is not an automatic renewal. Just message me or email me to keep receiving the Art Journey Clubs.
Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable. All my contact details are to be found at the end of this week’s blog entry.




IxCHeL Silver Star Sock Yarn 

4ply   weight     +/- 431meters/470yards      100g/3.53 oz AU$32

Superfine superwash merino 75%, Silver stellina 5%, Cashmere 5%, Nylon 15%

Has a beautiful drape and knits up soooooo easily ! A very addictive yarn ! Ye be warned !




Unicorn Farts -sold-






Va Va Voom !-sold-






Unicorn Confetti








The Shape of Water-sold-







The Salmon of Doubt






Rose Velvet











Rose Garden





Purple Fixes Everything-sold-






Milkshake Duck






Make a Wish-sold-






Lumbersexual






Heart Fix









Dopamine Dressing-sold-






Dark State Party






Coolness Untamed



Spinner’s Control, Yarn Gauge and Ply angle card




a great way to gauge the thickness of your yarn and plying. A nice tool with an info sheet to hang on your spinning wheel or carry wit you anywhere you go.


$5



The New IxCHeL Club sign ups are now OPEN ! 

Get a monthly fibre and yarn surprise !

Always great blends and colourways 

only hand dyed for those who are club members !



April, May and June 2018





For all our international club fans there is a possibility to ship all three clubs together to save on postage if you want :-) Just pm me and enquire about the options available.


IxCHeL Fibre Club April, May and June 2018


The subscription is for a period of three months and you will receive one special hand dyed top/roving per month to the value of AU$24 or more

All the tops will be hand dyed and will be especially made for the members of IxCHeL Fibre Club ! Price to join the IxCHel Fibre Club #35 and receive your special hand dyed top :)) for three months (April, May and June 2018) is AU$72 + postage (parcel post or airmail). AND there are good value double serves available !!!



For Australia : single serve $72+$29 postage (parcel post), double serve $136+$29 (save $8) or triple serves $204 (save $12!) + postage


For USA + Canada: single serve AU$72+AU$57 (Airmail) double serve AU$136+AU$57


For UK,Europe, rest of the world: Single serve AU$72+AU$69 (airmail) Double serve AU$136+AU$69


For Asia: Single serve AU$72+AU$50 (airmail) Double serve AU$136+AU$50


If you want to receive a fibre surprise every month then join the IXCHEL FIBRE CLUB #35 now. Numbers are strictly limited ! The April 2018 Club is going to be shipped out end of April, the May club mid May and the June club mid June. Payment via direct deposit or credit card or paypal. Just PM or email me your details.


The IxCHeL Sock Yarn Clubs  April, May and June 2018


Every month for three months (April, May and June 2018) you will receive: enough hand dyed luscious yummy yarn to make a pair of socks or a lush shawl or scarf ofcourse! (the hand dyed yarn will be exclusive for the Ixchelbunny SOCK-IT-TO-ME Yarn CLUB and will range from a sockweight yarn (a 4ply/fingering weight yarn) or an 8ply / DK weight enough to make a pair of socks ; Every month a sock pattern, tips and instructions ! Now is that GOOD or is that GOOD ??!


I will even offer a double serve for those of you who like their socks extra long !


For Australia : single serve $87+$29 postage (parcel post) double serve $146(= one skein FREE!!!) +$29


For USA + Canada: single serve AU$87+AU$57 (Airmail) double serve $146 (= one skein FREE!!!) +AU$57


For UK,Europe, rest of the world: Single serve AU$87+AU$69 (airmail) Double serve $145 (= one skein FREE!!!) +AU$69


For Asia: Single serve AU$87+AU$50 (airmail) Double serve $145 (= one skein FREE!!!) +AU$50


Numbers are strictly limited ! 
Payment via direct deposit or credit card or paypal . Just PM or email me your details 
  By the way: you don’t HAVE to knit socks if you don’t want to.. the hand dyed yarn is amazingly nice for scarves, cowls, beanies and even tops ! Anything goes . The April 2018 Club is going to be shipped out end of April, the May club mid May and the June club Mid June.


IxCHeL Funky Bunny Batt Clubs  April, May and June 2018

Here are all the details and just pm me when you have any questions or want to be part of the funky bunny batt club Movement ;-) Welcome to the blingy dark side ;-D
The subscription is for a period of three months and you will receive one special hand dyed funky bunny batt per month to the value of AU$40 or more .
The batts will range in weight from 140grams to 180grams with luxury fibres like camel , angora, cashmere, silk, yak, llama even wallaby and bison and rare sheep breeds !!!! All the batts will be hand dyed and will be especially made for the members of IxCHeL funky bunny Club ! Every month you will receive a HUGE luxury funky bunny batt !
Sign up now and you will receive an Ixchel Hand dyed , super luxurious funky bunny batt for April, May and June 2018.

Price to join the IxCHeL Funky bunny for three months is :

For Australia : $114+$29 postage (parcel post)

For USA + Canada: AU$114+AU$57 (Airmail)

For UK,Europe, rest of the world: AU$114+AU$69 (airmail)

For Asia: AU$114+AU$50 (airmail)

If you want to receive a fibre surprise every month then join the IXCHEL FUNKY BUNNY BATT CLUB now. 
Numbers are strictly limited ! The April 2018 club is going to be shipped out end of April, the May club mid May and the June club mid June 2018. Payment via direct deposit or credit card or paypal. Just PM or email me



Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable. All my contact details are to be found at the end of this week’s blog entry. 
Have a fun weekend !!!



Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable. All my contact details are also to be found at the end of this week’s blog entry.



Have a creative week!
Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? : Always happy to enable.

All my contact details are here:





How To Order:

1. You can email me on ixchel at rabbit dot com dot au or ixchelbunny at yahoo dot com dot au
2. Message me on facebook or 
3. Message me on www.ravelry.com  where I am ixchelbunny.
4. message me on Instagram where I am @ixchelbunny

I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods.


Any questions? Any custom orders for yarn or dyeing fibre? : Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.



Dates to put in your Calendar


MONDAY MARCH 19TH 10AM – 3PM 

GRANDVALLEY SPINNERS AND WEAVERS GUILD SPIN IN AND SHOW
LILYDALE LAKE COMMUNITY ROOM
LILYDALE
Melways ref 38 G7
There will be lots of goodies available and I will be there INSIDE the Community Centre Room. Also inside will be Janet Day from “My Spin on Things”
Outside will be a variety of traders with lots of goodies as well. Hope to see you there !


Thank you so much for your help and support !


 RABBIT ON !
((hugs))
Charly
qrcode

No comments: