Friday, July 6, 2018

It's the Journey, not the Destination...



ONLY TWO WEEKS TO GO TO THE BENDIGO SHOW! yes…the all caps are intentional and are a pretty accurate description how my thoughts are translated in my brain: in a screaming semi panic…..will I get things done, will it be enough?, will people like it? Will I be able to set up in time? How will I set up? Am I forgetting something? And then that feeling calmly goes into a seemingly tranquil state of “ooh well, too late to worry now”….lol but still staying up til 3am anyway…there is always so much I still want to do I guess.
So many more items to make, so many ideas to create…and I guess that is a good thing! Not the panic as such of course, but the fact I get up wanting to do nothing more than create, dye, paint, come up with new things and having all these fantastic (or sometimes not so fantastic ideas..lol) running through my head, waiting to explode out into the world.

 A LOT of people ask me about how to do “business as an artist” and I guess the ultimate answer to that question is : Get up, be there, do your OWN thing, create your OWN vision and stick to it! If you want to be in “business” and think it is easy, get a real job.
If you just want to “do what other people do” you will lack passion in the long run (especially since craft or art is not the money making machine you thought it would be,,,hahahaha) BUT to all of you passionate about your craft and art, DO IT! Go FOR IT! Be YOU! Create to your hearts content! Get up in the morning and do your thing and stick to it for at least two or three years. By that time you will have created something that people will identify as being you: Being authentic ! and most of all: enjoy the process!
If you do not enjoy the process and just want to get to the destination, it will disappoint you most likely… There are no riches beyond belief at the end of the artist rainbow, if you want that, become an investment banker …lol

 On another note: Also, the Tour de France and therefore the Tour de Fleece starts TOMORROW !!! yes!!! Not only do I love to watch that race! But it is also the best time to sit in front of your wheel pretending you are sprinting down the French country side in a peleton, spinning yarn…so if you want to have some fun and be part of a team, there is an ixchelbunny team on Ravelry, led by the amazing Juleen and Em on my group (linkie is here: https://www.ravelry.com/groups/ixchelbunny-fibre-and-yarn) )

It’s been one of those weeks again…filled with at least 12 hours of dyeing, 10 hours of fibre prep and 2 hours of sleep…lol
To top it off , our woodfire died as in cracked because of old age and lots of use so not heat AND no drying of the gargantuan mountains of fibre , tops and yarn drying. Being the winter season here with a fair amount of cold and rain, I hope I can blow off enough steam to get the stuff dry in time for the show. LOL Paul has already jumped to the rescue and cemented the crack, that resembled the crack in time from Dr Who!, and we wait for it to dry (2 days normally) and add some protective firebricks so we can go ahead and light the fire again. Safe to say, it’s been a bit nippy here !! Brrrrrr but, again, I am grateful for my sense of humour and I am overwhelmed (as in heart warming !) by the messages I received from people offering their help and allerting me to woodfires they have seen advertised or they have. To pull the ten tonne thing out we have will require some work so because of it being so close to Bendigo show, a patch up job was best now, but after that we definitely need to get a new fire! (add to note: …hope I do well at the show so we can buy a heatsource….lol)

 For tonights update I offer you not a rare breed blend like last week, but I am able to “serve” you a pretty awesome blend I have been doing now for about 10 years and is still one of my all time favourites: Lush Bunny. The Tencel in the blend is so shiny and pearlescent and soft! You just have to feel it to believe it. Ofcourse the fact that the Tencel is blended with a superfine merino (17 micron no less!!) and suri alpaca, cashmere and angora bunny , together with a yummy suri alpaca and silk, it is a true recipe for luxuriousness.
Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable. All my contact details are to be found at the end of this weeks blog entry. Have fun !!!

Lush Bunny Tops Superfine Merino 17micron, Tencel, Cashmere, Suri Alpaca, Silk, Angora bunny  

100 gram tops $24



Zen

Wuthering Heights


Storm Clouds


Rust Bucket


Rose



Rose Velvet

Redrum


Leafy Forest


Lady and the Unicorn


Heather



Happy Peacock

Green Fairy


FairyFloss


Exploding Tardis


Autumn Fairy



Absinthe Dream



Have a fun weekend Creating your Dreams!



Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable. All my contact details are also to be found at the end of this week’s blog entry.


Have a Creative and Fun week!

All my contact details are here:



How To Order:
1. You can email me on ixchel at rabbit dot com dot au or ixchelbunny at yahoo dot com dot au
2. Message me on facebook or 
3. Message me on www.ravelry.com  where I am ixchelbunny.
4. message me on Instagram where I am @ixchelbunny

I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods.


Any questions? Any custom orders for yarn or dyeing fibre? : Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.



Dates to put in your Calendar


Friday July 20th to Sunday July 22nd 

Australian Sheep and Wool Show, Bendigo.
Go to http://www.sheepshow.com to see what is happening and book your tickets. The Bendigo Sheep and Wool show is the biggest wool show in Australia ! with an amazing amount of woolcraft, indie dyers, a huge amount of tops, yarn, craft, felt and spindles, spinning wheels and anything you need for your knitting,crocheting and crafting.
I will be there with an amazing amount of new exclusive wool blends and yarns, batts, felt and landscape and botanical natural dyes and so much more !!!
I will also have spindles by the amazing Bearded Dragon and lots of fibre tools as well from darning mushrooms to noste pinne and needle cases to distaffs. And, there will also be some wonderful Turkish spindles from my friend Scott Snyder available again !

Get ready for a fabulous weekend filled with lots of craft and fun !!!




Sunday September 30th


Sheep and Woolcraft Field day
Pakenham Hall
Corner Henry and John Street , Pakenham
9.30 - 3.00pm

This awesome event is hosted by the Black & Coloured Sheep Breeders of South East Victoria
There will be craft demos, wonderful fleeces, a petting farm from the Elisabeth Murdoch College, Raffle prizes and of course a huge amount of stall holders offering fantastic fluffy fibres and yarns. I will be there again as well of course (would not miss it for the world) and I will have some new products again that could not be ready for the Bendigo Show like, natural dyes, plant seeds to grow your own dye garden, natural dye kits, new yarn and design kits as well as my usual range of super fluffy yarns and blends. I will give you a nice list closer to the date to help you prepare your shopping list  ;-)



 RABBIT ON !
((hugs))
Charly
qrcode

1 comment:

Fran in Aus said...

You'll be ready for the Show 'cos you always are ready. Your stand will look amazing as it always does and it will be the first place I hit as soon as I get through the gates as early as I can manage on Friday 2oth. Get those bunny ears brushed off 'cos this girl wants to shop.....