Friday, July 27, 2018

National Splurge Weekend 2018



The National Splurge weekend aka the Bendigo show is over for another year! It was a fabulous celebration of fibres, yarns and all things fluffy!!! It was amazing to see so many friends and make new ones ! It was exhausting, super fun, exhilarating, non-stop excitement and amazing ! I was semi incognito, meaning I was wearing jeans and jumpers, not my usual hellbunny dresses with complimentary petticoats. I did wear my fluffy neon green bunny ears so I was not totally invivible…LOL My knee gave me some serious trouble but also a super power: I had to hop (not walk) everywhere , which added to the whole bunny thing. LOL

It was amazing how many people were there to give me a hand! Too many to mention but a special thank you to Fiona my fellow bunny addicted bestie, Erika and Barbara, Chrys and Emma. All helped me unpack and make life a lot easier with my “hopping” affliction and also helped me set up , so it did not take me til midnight to get the displays up and all the fluffy stuff set up ! I cannot thank you enough !

Here are some photos of the display and what was on offer :



















I ran out of time to take more photos of the stall (I muissed out on showing you the handspun yarns: angora, bunny wallaby and himalayan marmot yarns) because it was getting a bit late and the organisers wanted to shut the doors ..but it is giving you an idea of what goodies I had on offer. 

I did not have a chance to organize everything yet after the show. I am getting there but I need more time, especially since I am doing the clubs now , which will be shipped out start of next week! Busy Busy busy! I am also going to dye the sexy scientist yarn range which you can still sign up for below. The yarns all sold out at the show but here is your chance to get your sexy hunk …eh..hank , LOL, sent to your home .

Also, there is something special to announce!! The winner of the Bendigo show raffle! 
Everybody who spent over $150 went into a raffle to win a big fluffy prize worth over $150 !! 
So start the drumroll!!! 


 The winner of the 2018 Bendigo show raffle is 


Ticket nr 1868 !!!!!


 Congratulations Leah Tapper !! 
Your prize will be hopping your way on Monday !!! 

 A big thank you to all of you who visited my stall at the show and showed your enthusiasm wearing your bunny ears and supporting small farms and small producers and dyers! I love you all lots !

Since I did not have a chance yet to get anything ready for the update I will re issue the possibility to Pre Order the Sexy Scientist Yarns.

So here are all the sexy scientist yarns in their full glory again. You can order them now and I will be dyeing and shipping them out start to mid of August.













I dyed every Sexy Scientist colourways on two yarn bases: The IxCHeL Sock yarn with superfine merino, silk and nylon (4ply or fingering weight, 100g/$29, 410meters) and the other is the Silver Star Sock yarn (Superfine merino, Cashmere, Nylon, Silver stellina. 100g, $32, 423meters).

You can put your order in by messaging me on facebook, Instagram or email me (see all the order details on the bottom of this blog).

I better get back to the dye room to get all the clubs ready !

Have a fun week Creating your Dreams!




Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable. All my contact details are also to be found at the end of this week’s blog entry.


Have a Creative and Fun week!

All my contact details are here:



How To Order:
1. You can email me on ixchel at rabbit dot com dot au or ixchelbunny at yahoo dot com dot au
2. Message me on facebook or 
3. Message me on www.ravelry.com  where I am ixchelbunny.
4. message me on Instagram where I am @ixchelbunny

I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods.


Any questions? Any custom orders for yarn or dyeing fibre? : Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.



Dates to put in your Calendar


Sunday September 30th


Sheep and Woolcraft Field day
Pakenham Hall
Corner Henry and John Street , Pakenham
9.30 - 3.00pm

This awesome event is hosted by the Black & Coloured Sheep Breeders of South East Victoria
There will be craft demos, wonderful fleeces, a petting farm from the Elisabeth Murdoch College, Raffle prizes and of course a huge amount of stall holders offering fantastic fluffy fibres and yarns. I will be there again as well of course (would not miss it for the world) and I will have some new products again that could not be ready for the Bendigo Show like, natural dyes, plant seeds to grow your own dye garden, natural dye kits, new yarn and design kits as well as my usual range of super fluffy yarns and blends. I will give you a nice list closer to the date to help you prepare your shopping list  ;-)



 RABBIT ON !
((hugs))
Charly
qrcode

No comments: