Friday, October 5, 2018

A Spooky start to October


Black bunny in her Gothic glory
The Wool and sheep field day at Pakenham last Sunday was awesome, busy and so great to see all my friends again ! It was lots of fun but also totally exhausting ! Setting up the stall at record speed early in the morning, talking lots and lots all day and then packing up everything at the end of the day, left me with no voice and sore muscles but , as always, with a big smile on my face. I do not often get the chance to socialize with like minded fibre and yarn enthusiasts, so I am always looking forward to these kind of gatherings ! I’d just like these events to be a bit longer so I can have a breather and chat a bit more , while doing some knitting or spinning ! But hey, it is over for another year and now it is all preparation for all the clubs and the shows coming up next year ! oh, and of course, every weekly update ! It takes a bit of the pressure off and I am “dyeing” to get on to new adventures and new designing! And, yes, also some time to reflect and develop more skills. 


It has been a loooong time  since I have offered you the blend I offer you today but, as with everything when you are a small farm, things take time. I am very happy to announce that I now have a fresh batch of Black bunny tops available !! Just in time for Halloween! Great timing!

 You may know, or not, but ever since I was little I absolutely loved this time of year: All Hallows or Halloween, with the ghost stories, the remembering of our ancestors and just spooky fun ! So the whole month of October I am looking forward to offering you some spooky and fun fibres !

This week : the Black Bunny tops and also Black bunny silk Batts ! You gotta feel these beauties to believe it ! This is the truest most intense black I have been able to achieve and it is amazing to spin and work with ! It's great to use it on its own or use as an accent or in colourwork ! Anyway, I better get on with it and not let you wait any longer ! Here is this weeks update !


To order: email or message me on facebook or Instagram, quoting the colourway and the quantity you would like, together with your postal address and I will get right back to you with all the payment details.

Black Bunny Tops

Super fine Merino tops, Black silk and Black angora bunny

100 grams             $25



Black Bunny Tops




Black Bunny Tops close up



Woad and True Indigo Dye seed packs

I did not have quite enough seeds with me to the show on Sunday but I have since packed a few more ! At the moment I have two dye seeds available: Woad and True Indigo. I hope to have madder and Japanese indigo as well as dyers chamomile and weld available soon! Please note that due to quarantine restrictions I have been advised not to ship to Western Australia, Tasmania or overseas.

Woad seed packs are $7 

True Indigo are $8 

both come with planting instructions and a recipe to make your own dye bath!



beautiful woad plants getting bigger !




True indigo


IxCHeL Black Bunny and Recycled colourful silk Batts 

(Made to Order)

A blend of superfine merino, Black silk, Recycled colourful silk, colourful threads, gold Angelina, Cashmere


150grams         AU$38




Black bunny batt




If you prefer to work from tops 
I can also pull the black bunny batt into tops for you ! 
Make sure you mention you mention that when you order !



Thank you so much for reading my blog and supporting our little fibre farm! Please do not hesitate to contact nme if you have any questions or requests: Always happy to answer any questions you have and also do custom dyeing and spinning and I also stock Landscape dyes for you.
Anything goes !


 RABBIT ON !
((hugs))
Charly
qrcode

No comments: