Friday, October 12, 2018

Gothic Fun in October


Gothic Bunny
Two weeks since the last show and somehow it seems a lot longer because so much has happened ! Blending and prepping of the black bunny which went on sale last update, lots and lots of custom orders spun and dyed and blended, the club fibres and yarns prepped and the art work done, I even took some time to do some drawing and inking for the Inktober challenge. Check it out on Instagram it is really awesome. I wish I had more time…as usual…but the deadline for my getting my taxes in is also looming (sincerely not my fav time of year…doing paperwork!) and doing all the financial book keeping and stock take, together with all the other administrative stuff that you have to do when you are a small business with one employee: me… You know, I am pretty happy being my own boss, but the part that I really struggle with is that it is not all creative, fun, fluffy stuff you have to get done; it is also heaps and heaps of administrative bookkeeping mayhem and you have to keep organized (not in my genetic make up much Im afraid..lol) and be not only the production but also the stock manager, PR and bookkeeper. Being your own boss means a lot of multi tasking for sure !



Inking for Inktober... the theme of the day was "poison" 
I used my favourite water colour paper Arches (fine grain, cold pressed) and 
Sennelier indian ink with the Sennelier watercolours.   
The inking itself takes a lot of precision and time to get it right but it's so much fun! 
When you want to have a go combining watercolours and ink please go for it,
just make sure you use indian ink and not writing ink. 
Writing ink will dissolve with your watercolours.
Drawing and inking are so totally different from pastel, which is more loose and ethereal. 
It's good to do both every now and again,
just to get the juices flowing and be as versatile as possible.  
Kind of like spinning lace yarns but also spin art yarns.

some fun with pastels, trying to capture a hungry lion, about to talk a bite




Just like last week, in the month of October, which is definitely my favourite time of the year with Halloween, I am offering you another Halloweeny blend: Gothic Bunny !

I better get on with it and not let you wait any longer ! Here is this weeks update ! Have lots of fun !


To order: email or message me on facebook or Instagram, quoting the colourway and the quantity you would like, together with your postal address and I will get right back to you with all the payment details.

Gothic Bunny Tops

Super fine Merino tops, Black silk, Cashmere and Angora Bunny

100 grams             $25



Gothic Bunny Tops Natural




Pumpkin Spice




Halloween




Velvet




Pumpkin Patch Party




Blood Roses




Creature of the Black Lagoon with Tutu




Dark Moon (dyed with Indigo)




Dracula at a Party




Gothic Peacock




Frankenstein




Gothic Rainbow




Zombies n Mermaids




Moonlight (dyed with woad)




Woad and True Indigo Dye seed packs

Only a few more packs available ! At the moment I have two dye seeds available: Woad and True Indigo. I hope to have madder and Japanese indigo as well as dyers chamomile and weld available soon! Please note that due to quarantine restrictions I have been advised not to ship to Western Australia, Tasmania or overseas.

Woad seed packs are $7 

True Indigo are $8 

both come with planting instructions and a recipe to make your own dye bath!



beautiful woad plants getting bigger !




True indigo

Thank you so much for reading my blog and supporting our little fibre farm! Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or requests: Always happy to answer any questions you have and also do custom dyeing and spinning.

I also stock Landscape dyes so if you want to dye your self, please message me the colour and I will get straight back to you with all the details. If you need some additional dye instructions or info : I am happy to help.

Anything goes !


 RABBIT ON !
((hugs))
Charly
qrcode

No comments: