Friday, October 11, 2019

Reaching for the Moon

Swinging from the Moon

You know that feeling that there are so many thing on your “to Do” – list and time is still going faster than you would like it to go? Yes, that was my week… All this talk about slow fashion, slow stitching, well frankly, anything that is done by hand is intrinsically slow…. ! although I have been feeling lots and lots better and super energized, it somehow did not change the laws of physics or the fact that there are only so many hours in a day.

Of course I had to add a bit extra to the mix: participating in Inktober: a daily drawing and inking exercise that gives you a daily prompt and you have to come up with a drawing and ink it (meaning use a pen nib and ink). I draw lots, and I tend to paint, not ink. That means that starting out I sketched a picture, then inked the outline and , because my inner painter told me to, painstakingly used water colour to add some pzazz to the whole thing. It took forever. Which means that now I am officially a day behind and after today that will probably be two days…. LOL
 I am learning a great deal though, like “keeping it simple” is much better than over working stuff (I amazingly good at overthinking everything! Lol) and not being too tough on yourself: Not everything you do on a daily basis has to be a work of art, or perfect. Now that is easier said than done, but I am learning. And, since I am already a day overdue, that fact just stings the inner control freak that I am… So, I am letting go ! Not giving up mind you, but loosening up! At least that’s the excuse my logical brain is trying to tell me….

 In short: doing a daily routine and drawing and getting out of ones comfort zone can be a good thing. As long as you are enjoying yourself ! Having fun and pushing yourself at the same time …lol yeah..I know.


Apart from all of the extracurricular activity of drawing and inking, I have been working on updates, dyeing custom orders and blending fibres for the next IxCHeL Clubs.
A huge dyeing session is starting this weekend and hopefully the weather will be nice to me so everything will dry fast, so every club member can expect their parcels to be shipped around the 21st of October.

I have high hopes and a cunning plan (why do I now want to watch Black adder again every time I hear “Cunning plan”? lol) and have already blended and started all the prep work for the rest of the club months for the rest of the year!
Fingers crossed I can keep being so organized and …energized !


For tonight's update I have a new blend that I actually released at the Pakenham Wool Show last month but I added a few more colour ways. It is a luscious Merino Silk blend and it is something completely different. I’ll explain why:

When I offer you my hand dyed tops I blend the tops first and then hand dye them afterwards; that way you get short colour repeats and splashes of colour. All the different fibres are blended together first on a machine I call a Gill or a Pin Drafter. This aligns all the different types of fibres together and pulls them into a top that “blends” all the different fibres together into one top.

For the Merino Silk tops on offer tonight it works a bit like the other way around: First you have your already dyed tops, all different colours together in separate slivers or tops, combine it with whatever you like : silk or Tencel , and then gilling it all together to create a blended colour and fibre top. This will create a very soft blend and a colour mix that will create a heathered yarn when spun up.

Here are some photos of the awesome gilling or pin draft machine so you see what I mean: it is a very cute lil monster by the way, that will let you combine up to 6 different types of colours or fibres together. It’s like putting a recipe together and cooking a yummy meal 😊

the Gilling or pin drafting machine, 
used to blend different slivers of fibres and or colours together

Close up of the inner mechanisms of the “teeth” that separate and then push all the fibres 
together and aligns them into one top;
 it is very important to adjust everything to what type of fibres you want to blend. 
The end product has to weigh around a 25 to 28grams /meter 
(that’s what I love to work with anyway..)
and all the fibres will be evenly distributed throughout the top. 
You can gill once, twice or three or four times, actually as many times as you like. 
 You really have to know your fibres though : 
soft and super fine and short stapled fibres need to be handled very carefully:
you don’t want to overwork it and create nepps !



Here are some new colourways  of the super soft merino silk tops for you to play with: they spin up beautifully and laying them out for felting is so easy and magical !


Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable. All my contact details are to be found at the end of this week’s blog entry. Have fun !!!


Merino Silk Tops

19 micron merino (70%) and Mulberry Silk (30%)

100+gram top     AU$19






Sage






Autumn Leaves






Dream Cloud






Velvet Wine






Storm






Rose Cottage




IxCHeL Tweed fingering weight yarn

Super soft lambswool 70% and Kid Mohair 30%

Spun singles, fingering or sock weight yarn

+/- 200meters/218yards

50grams      1.76oz

AU$16

More colours will be available at the Pakenham show, including a Princess Bride colour range AND a naturally dyed and eco printed colour range ! Stay Tuned ! 



Wattle
(A beautiful sunshine yellow that goes so well with the kookaburra the silver grey)


Kata Tjuta
(an intense pure red that goes well with the Kookaburra and the Wattle and the Amethyst colourway and soooooomany others)




Amethyst
(a bright purple colourway with bright red flecks)



Kookaburra
(a beautiful silver grey with ochre accents that complement the dingo colourway)


Dingo
( A beautiful warm honey ochre with pops of royal bluebell, kingfisher and kangaroo paw)



Grevillea
(a gorgeous raspberry base with pops of royal bluebell, flowering gum, grey and daintree)




Flowering Gum
( a gorgeous medieval warm red with bright red, kookaburra and fern forest accents)





Fern Forest
( a deep forest green with accents of bright red, dusky purple and daintree) )







Jacarandah 
( a fabulous deep purple with accents of royal bluebell, daintree, grevillea and kingfisher )





Wombat
( a fabulous deep walnut brown with accents of dingo and kookaburra)




Kangaroo Paw 
( a fabulous warm orange with accents of fern forest, royal bluebell and grevillea and dingo )



isn’t it gorgeous how the Kangaroo paw knits up?! )






Royal Bluebell 
( a deep blue with accents of flowering gum, kookaburra and fern forest )




Wallaby
( a warm light brown with accents of soft blue and kookaburra)





Daintree ( a soft green with accents of fern forest and dingo)





Kingfisher 
( a fabulous Turquoise blue with accents of fern forest, kangaroo paw, Jacaranda and Grevillea)




Pm me if you would like to give some of these amazing new IxCHeL Tweed yarns or the Buddhas tears tea a good home or if you want to sign up for the IxCHeL Clubs ! Enjoy looking and have a fun weekend !

Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable. All my contact details are to be found at the end of this week’s blog entry. 


IxCHeL Buddhas tears tea

carefully packed and presented in a special organza gift bag

50g/ AU$19

Two organically grown superior green tea leaves and a jasmine bud are plucked from the best quality tea bushes and mixed with delicately smelling jasmine blossoms, then sieved and hand rolled on bamboo trays, into small balls while the leaves are not quite dry. 

The leaf captures the fine jasmine aroma and releases it during brewing, giving a champagne coloured cup. 

 Brewing: 1-3 minutes 75-80degC , 

 4 pearls/cup, 

you can reinfuse 3-4 times so those 4 pearls last a looong time



Carefully handrolled tea



Enjoy the tea over and over again, by adding hot water again and again



All my contact details are here:





Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable. All my contact details are to be found at the end of this week’s blog entry. 
Have a fun weekend !!!

How To Order:
1. You can email me on ixchel at rabbit dot com dot au or ixchelbunny at yahoo dot com dot au
2. Message me on facebook or 
3. Message me on www.ravelry.com  where I am ixchelbunny.
4. message me on Instagram where I am @ixchelbunny

I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods.


Any questions? Any custom orders for yarn or dyeing fibre? : Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.



Dates to put in your Calendar


Grandvalley Spin In March 2020

More details to follow


 RABBIT ON !
((hugs))
Charly
qrcode

No comments: