Friday, August 13, 2010

Rainbows and Nostalgia

the Citron in progress...dyed shetland 4 ply-ish yarn on 4.5mm needles (up to the 3rd section)

The Flu bug hit me hard on Saturday and is still hanging around..It is a whopper of a bug I tell you. However, I did a lot of sleeping, relaxing and nothing. Well, not really “nothing”..lol..reading, listening to good music and knitting. Apart from the flu bug that invited itself in, I think I got the Citron knitting bug as well. If you don’t know what I am talking about: check out the citron knitting pattern on www.knitty.com and heaps of post of the pattern on www.ravelry.com. I am knitting it with a rainbow dyed 4 ply-ish Shetland wool yarn on needles 4.5mm and it is such an easy pattern ! I just want to get to the next repeat and most importantly the next colour ! Addictive is another word ..but I think the Citron kept me sane amidst the raging flu. That and watching all of season three of the Big Bang theory and the last Dr Who Series (yes the new Doctor is starting to grow on me , although my favourite Dr is still David Tennant ). Nostalgia also hit, watching the boat that rocked movie… and listening to the soundtrack: aaaaaw the 60's...lol ! .... and then last night, there was a concert of Leonard Cohen playing for 600.000 on the isle of Wight in 1970! on tv . Awesome to watch the musicians, the crowd, the hairdos and the clothes! Btw, Paul was watching it with me and said “hey that is a pretty nice crochet wrap that girl singer is wearing” .........I think he finally got infected with that sixth Fibre sense..lol

Although I hardly did any spinning (sorry all of you who are waiting for some custom hand spun but I will get to it this week! As well as making custom order batts…sorry for the wait Annie !!) I did spin some rainbow and pure white popcorn coil yarn:
hand dyed hand spun popcorn coil yarn with a bit of copper bling :)
100grams+ AU$29, Same yarn available in pure white with cashmere and pure black as well. There will be a Party Pete Popcorn yarn coming soon :)


Here are some of the hand dyed tops I dyed this week for you to drool over and snaffle :) Like I said on Ravelry in my group this week : something that rhymes with “need”and “milk”..lol…I think you can figure out now what I was talking about :

Hand dyed Blue Faced Leicester Bunny Seaweed 100g/AU$21

Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem Band


Dr Bunsen Honeydew


Swedish Chef -sold-


Statler and Waldorf


Beaker


Hand dyed Camel Bunny Silk 50grams of super luscious tops AU$19


Animal -sold-


Fozzie Bear -2left-



Kermit -sold-


Gonzo -sold-


Kermit and Miss Piggy -sold-


Zoot -3left-



Just email me on ixchel@rabbit.com.au or message me on ravelry where I am Ixchelbunny and I will get back to you asap!

have a wonderful week !

inspiration for this weeks update....lol
(see,I told you..nostalgia hit me....defenitely a side effect of this particular strand of flu virus..lol)

RABBIT ON!!

Dates to Remember:

Bunny Spin in at the Ixchel Fibre Farm…coming Saturday 21st of August and Thursday the 26th of August

No comments: