Friday, January 7, 2011

Sentimental Hygiene


Can you believe it? It’s a new year! 2011 and it has just started ! Time for new beginnings, new dreams, new goals. At least that’s what we are used to, because everybody seems to be pushed into the direction of “This year my goal is to …yada-yada-yada” from losing kilos to gaining money or knowledge.
But do we need a new year to start ? Have we been brainwashed? Even better: Can we just think of a goal or a dream to work towards anytime?
I know! It is revolutionary and a bit chaotic, but I think it might work. Maybe, just maybe, having dreams and wishes ALL the time is the most important thing, no matter when we start or when we want to reach our goal.
The problem I personally am facing, and have faced all my life come to think of it, is having too many dreams and too many wishes. It’s such a long list of things I want to accomplish, do, learn and create that it boggles the mind. Maybe I should declutter my dreams and wishes and focus on just a couple. But then again, it might be a shock to my system to suddenly be subject to some sentimental hygiene or an organising of my dream chaos. Naah, I think I will keep the dream clutter. You never know what will happen anyway. Just as long as the procrastinating bug doesn’t hit too hard…lol

One thing is for sure this year: there will be an awesome amount of new yarns and fibres and also some very nice bubbly fizzy stuff ! In one of my past lives I studied aromatherapy and always made nice relaxing or invigorating bath oils , cream and potions, but over the holiday period I though it would be great to share these with you as well ! So, here come the Bath Bunnies, my variation on the bath bomb. Apart from that I have also been getting the dye post out again playing with a range of natural dyes and pigments. This weeks offerings are an amazingly soft yak baby camel 4ply yarn and as for fibre this week: the super soft lush Angorino tops ! Get your stalking boots on !

Contact me on Ravelry where I am Ixchelbunny, message me on facebook or email me on ixchel@rabbit.com.au

Thanks heaps for your support and have fun!

RABBIT ON!!
((hugs))
Charly


Dates to Remember:

Bunny Spin in at the Ixchel Fibre Farm:


Saturday 15th of January and Thursday the 27th of January
Bring your wheel, spindle, knitting, crocheting and a plate to share with everybody. There is cake and coffee and tea and a lovely bunny to cuddle and lots of fibres and yarn!) very important ! Please let me know beforehand by email or message that you would like to come and visit so I can prepare the infrastructure and cake ofcourse !




Hand dyed IxCHeL Baby camel and Yak (50/50)
135 meters per 50grams
4-ply, ndls US6 or 4mm
super soft with an amazing yardage

SPECIAL !! AU$18/50grams (normally RRP $23) + FREE SHIPPING for orders over $100


Crazy mama (197 grams available)

Flyin shoes (196 grams available)

Boom Boom Mancini (201 grams available)

and the rain came down (indigo dyed) (247grams available)

Brainwashed (199grams available) sold




Hand dyed Angorino Tops
(Superfine merino 18micron 95% +Angora rabbit 5%)

AU$20/100+g
SPECIAL: FREE SHIPPING for orders over $100

Caught in the act -sold-

Manic Panic SOLD

Sensitive Kind -sold-
Cha Cha Heels SOLD

Fish on the sand-sold-
Valentine SOLD

Wrong turn on the astral plane SOLD

Honky Tonk SOLD




Hand made Bath Bunny Fizzies AU$8


Bath Bunny Lemon Fizz

(essential oils: lemon, lemon grass, lavender, bergamot, jojoba oil, citric acid, bicarb)
the perfect addition to a fabulous bath !
fizz away your worries with this bath bunny.
Moisterises your skin with the fabulous essential oils and the jojoba oils added to the bath bunny. Refreshing and envigorating!

Bath Bunny Passion Fizz

(essential oils: lavender, ylang ylang, rose, palmarosa, jojoba oil, citric acid, bicarb)
the perfect addition to a fabulous bath ! fizz away your worries with this bath bunny.
Moisterises your skin with the fabulous essential oils and the jojoba oils added to the bath bunny. The magical smells of Rose and Ylang Ylang will stimulate your imagination and Relax your mind and body!



Rabbit On !

No comments: