Friday, February 11, 2011

NaNu NaNu.. Mork and Me…

Cartoon teaser of the funky bunny batt of the february club, looking like a galaxy far far away :-)


Ever felt like Mork/Robin Williams? I mean :the words just keep coming out of your mouth, people around you either look stupefied of are laughing their head off. Is it a good sign? You have to admit, well I do, I adore Robin Williams. Just something about him. No, it’s not JUST his furriness ( you must know by now that I love all things furry.immediately thinking "hmm I coud spin that"....lol) it’s the speed of thought, wit, rapture of words and timeless-mess.
Sometimes when you revisit tv shows of the past they seem dated and not quite as funny as you remembered it.Well, I never had that with Star trek (you know the one with the original Shatner) or Mork and Mindy (1978-1982 wow !). Which makes me think that some things are just meant to be eternal or absolutely weird. NaNuNaNu.

Sometimes Life can be terrifying, or, to quote Mork:”If my knees knock any louder, I'm gonna look inside my pants and see who's there”. This month is going to be a tough one. Why you say? Well, call me a silly Mork, but it is that time again for a cancer check up. Isn’t it absolutely stupid that just after the last check up and the “all clear “ for three months,you can breathe a bit easier, forget about any ..eh..issues..but before you know it , the poking and prodding sessions are there again and the wait for results. I know I should not worry a bit, but then again, why bother about going to be poked and prodded in the first place? I have to admit, I had some stupid retail therapy..and..it did not help…, meaning, I bought something I absolutely was gaga about, was on special (from $120!!! To $39!!!, now who could resist that!lol) and to be honest; I can only wear it while sitting down or possibly lying in bed. I have bought the most amazing 5” high heeled RED super shiny shoes. They were on special, they fitted and looked stunning and ..well…I cannot possible walk in them. Lol.. I am sure you have had this experience???? Please tell me yes…lol…I think it’ s the nerves that did it. I just had to do something silly and I think I succeeded; My Robin Williams retail therapy.

So, I got home, put the 5” heeled shoes in a “prominent” position underneath the bed and did something much more satisfying and meaningful: I spun some yarn. Well, it is not all finished yet , but it is truly magical, inspiring and can be used. Much more than those super high heeled red shoes. Who needs retail therapy? Here’s to spinning a YARN! NaNu NaNu!

now what was I thinking? Can anybody wear these? I am known for being able to fall over a pebble while wearing comfy mocassins so what on earth made me think I could possibly stay upright in these? Lol apart from that , it is soo NOT "me"....and no! i am not going to wear these at the Bendigo show either.

I have been very busy this week with getting all the clubs dyed and posted out tto all the members, so there isn’t quite as much fibre and yarn as I would have liked to offer you, but then, there’s always next week, where I am planning to offer you Lord of the Rings Art Yarn!!! (look out for those ones because they are super special ! I think this yarn will even be loved by unsuspecting 13year old gamers who never even looked at a yarn once..lol) also some very special hand dyed and blended angorino and silk tops!!!! MAGIC ! but I am jumping the gun here..lol

This week there are some awesome soft MINK yarns available again and some baby camel yarns as well ! and then there is BLING! What better way to start the weekend with some bling! Here it all is , email me on Ixchelbunny@yahoo.com.au if you want to adopt any of these babies or message me on Ravelry or facebook where I am Ixchelbunny !

Rabbit On!
Dates to Remember:

Bunny Spin in at the Ixchel Fibre Farm:

Saturday February 19th
Thursday February 24th
Bring your wheel, spindle, knitting, crocheting and a plate to share with everybody. There is cake and coffee and tea and a lovely bunny to cuddle and lots of fibres and yarn!) very important ! : Please, please let me now beforehand by email or message that you would like to come and visit so I can prepare the infrastructure and cake ofcourse !


Hand dyed handspun IxCHeL pure MINK yarn
50+grams /AU$27

the most luxurious special unique handspun yarn you will ever work with! Promise!
I have spun and dyed some more of this amazing yarn just for you. 110m/50grams

This MINK yarn was hand spun in an appr 8ply weight with about 110meters length. The fibres were harvested animal friendly, no animal was hurt so it is what I call good Karma yarn.

Natural Mink (3 left)

Mink Orchid (4 left)

Phoenix magic (2left)


Hand dyed and hand spun IxCHeL baby camel and angora 8ply yarn
50+grams /AU$25, 110 meters


Bibbulmun (3left)


Kata Tjuta(4left)

deep river (4left)

Three sisters (2left)

mandaley (2left)


Treetop walk (2left)

galah (2left)


Hand carded and hand dyed Funky Bunny Batts!
Unique for spinning and felting your works of fibre art!

Mindy (139 grams of soft blingness :))
ingredients: navajo Churro, superfine merino, angora, yak, alpaca, silk, cashmere, kid mohair, glitz, angelina, tencel, soy
AU$39)


Mork (117 grams of soft blingness :))
ingredients: superfine merino, angora, yak, alpaca, lots of yummy peace silk, cashmere, kid mohair, glitz, angelina, tencel, soy
AU$33 , 2 available!)

Exidor (118 grams of soft blingness :))
ingredients: navajo Churro, superfine merino, angora, yak, alpaca, silk, cashmere, kid mohair, glitz, angelina, copper threads, glitterati
AU$32)


NaNu NaNu (137 grams of soft blingness :))
ingredients: superfine merino, angora, yak, alpaca, silk, cashmere, kid mohair, glitz, angelina, tencel, soy
AU$39)



Contact me on Ravelry where I am Ixchelbunny, message me on facebook there or email me on Ixchelbunny@yahoo.com.au (I am still experiencing some problems with my regular email provider Rabbit . The company Rabbit has sadly been taken over by another company. I will miss the Rabbit team and Rodney dearly. I think they were the only telecommunication company where you could talk to a PERSON almost immediately and even when you had to wait a bit you could choose your music: regular or celtic..lol. Their sense of humor and great service will be missed! )

Thanks heaps for your support !

RABBIT ON!!
((hugs))
Charly

1 comment:

Shevi said...

I can TOTALLY understand why those completely impractical shoes called out to you.

I'm a 'slutty shoes' addict from waaaaaay back. I used to have a wardrobe full of these types of shoes (which I admittedly never wore even once). I gave them all away when I saw the big four oh looming on the horizon and haven't splurged on a pair since. But when I'm having a particularly frumpy old matron type of day (and where the heck did THEY come from might I ask?), I still find my head being turned by a particularly sexy pair of super high heels. I guess I'm not quite ready to let go of that naughty side of myself yet either ;o)