Friday, February 10, 2017

a Cool Valentine Update in a Heatwave


What a busy busy week ! All the January clubs have all been shipped out on monday together with  lots and lots of custom orders, with a couple still to be finished by wednesday and then...then...it's time to get the ball rolling again with the february clubs :-)

I have posted all the photos of the clubs on my IxCHeL facebook page and Instagram, so please feel free to have a look! The teaser of the feb club label will be posted in the next couple of days. The theme of the whole of 2017 is "Fantasy"  !

I am slowly but surely getting better, but it is still wayyy too slow to my liking. At least my voice is getting back but singing is still a no go and I'm still on medication , which does not allow me to have a super cool cider or wine in this super hot heatwave we are experiencing. Even here in the mountains where it is normally way cooler than anywhere else in the suburbs or the city, it is mid 30s Celsius. I should not complain becasue I heard that there are people out there having to deal with temps as high as 44C ! So yeah, I thought , people must be thinking I am out of my mind doing an update trying to sell wool when everybody just wants to stay cool ! yep, taht's me! I remember I was at a Gembrook Market way back and it was 40C, no customers, all teh stallholders were putting an icecold towel on their necks becasue it was THAT hot and  there I was, trying to sell my wool and yarn.. LOL  aaah  nothing ever changes...

If you want to be enticed during a heatwave just before Valentines day though what can possibly do that. And, with a stroke of fibery genius, I thought FLING! Ofcourse!!! my Cashmere Fling blend! It is silky, super smoochy soft, COOL to the touch and slinky and spins and knits up like a dream ! So that is what I have been working on this week to offer to you : Romantic super cool fibery flings!

Cashmere Fling Tops

Cool and silky with a wonderful drape !


Bamboo, Cashmere, Tencel, Glitz
100+gram tops AU$23






Staying Zen in a heatwave




Velvet Swirl




Turquoise desert




The Joker-2 left-




Super Woman




Solar Flares




Pink Panther



Pink Anarchy



Kermit


Indigo Night




HarleyQuinn2



Gothic Pink



Forest Flames




Forest Fairytale-sold-



Doctor Strange






IxCHeL  Angora Rabbit Fibre




25-28grams/1 oz AU$10
A very soft lusciouis natural white fibre, great for spinning, felting or embellishing or… To cuddle and call George


Great to spin and wear !  Harvested by  a simple, loving  haircut on the grooming table after three months of growth y the bunny.





Miracle Max

Mme Butterfly










Dates to put in your Calendar !!


March

Wednesday March 15th, 10am - 3pm
McClelland Spinners and weavers Group
THE MAD HATTERS TEA PART SPIN IN 2017

McClelland Gallery, McClelland Drive , Langwarrin, (Melways Ref 103E3), 


May

Saturday May 6th   10am-3pm

Healesville Spinners and Weavers Guild Chat, Spin and Shop


Please join me with the Healesville Spinners and Weavers on Saturday for their annual celebration.
I will be doing a talk about the IxCHeLbunny farm, fibres and yarns and lots more !!! There will be fibres to cuddle (and buy) and also spindles of all shapes and sizes.

The event is open to all but everybody is asked to bring a plate of food to share with the others to make it even more fun. The Hall opens at 11am with a group meeting and my talk will start around 12. After the talk there will be ample opportunity to browse, shop and mingle.

V.C. Mullett Hall (Badger Creek Hall), 358 Badger Creek Road, Badger Creek.
The hall is located next to the Badger Creek C.F.A. Station and opposite the Badger Creek Primary School. There is off road parking.

Sunday May 21st 10am-3pm

Victorian Hand Knitters Guild Show Coburg Town Hall

THE extra ordinary super fluffy yarny event in Melbourne !!!
I will be there with lots of hand dyed tops for spinning and felting and happy rainbow yarn and sock yarn, some extra special art yarns and much much more!!!!
As well as some amazing Lair of the Bearded Dragon spindles and bowls that are pure magic to spin with !

July

Friday July 14th- Sunday 16th, 9am-5pm


Bendigo Sheep and Wool Show
THE event of the year !!!! Not to be missed!! I will be there in the Flower (Power Bunny) Shed again with heaps of new goodies, hand dyed and hand spun, IxCHeL new blends and rare sheep breed adventures and much much more ! Including a world first of something AMAZING AND FUN!!!!! Shhh not telling ! but it is AWESOME !!!!


OCTOBER

date and venue info to follow soon.


Black n Coloured Sheep FIELD DAY  in Pakenham!



Landscape dyes 

 100g tubs   AU$11 
250 g tubs AU$26


Want to dye your own with easy to use acid dyes? I have been selling these Landscape dyes at my workshops and shows for a long time :  They are extremely easy to use and come in great shades.
Just contact me with the name of the colour you are after and I will get right back to you.


Have a creative week!
Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? : Always happy to enable.

All my contact details are here:


How To Order:

1. You can email me on ixchel at rabbit dot com dot au or ixchelbunny at yahoo dot com dot au
2. Message me on facebook or 
3. Message me on www.ravelry.com  where I am Ixchelbunny.

I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods.


Any questions? Any custom orders for yarn or dyeing fibre? : Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.


Thank you so much for your help and support !


 RABBIT ON !
((hugs))
Charly
qrcode

No comments: