Friday, January 11, 2019

Rollercoaster Rides and Tea Parties


A mad hatters teaparty by Sandra Chang-Adair
I had so many plans for this update: a totally new HOT hand dyed yarn BUT, since my head decided to welcome a migraine yesterday I got totally behind and we will have to go with plan B today. 
 Not to worry, I will have a very cool (and hot) new yarn update ready for you next Friday. Just the thing we need for the Australian HOT weather we have been having. 

So that is going on NEXT week Friday. See, it always is a good thing to have a plan B and I can tell you that Plan B, is awesome and just what we need in the first month of a new year: Optimism. And this blend is so totally amazing and with just the right amount of glamour ! Or as I call it a 24 carrot Glamour blend.

This week has been a rollercoaster (see the photo of the amazing painting at the top of this blog):  I was very happy to visit a dear friend of mine on Monday and see her truly amazing Xmas village set up and if by any chance you are a fan of trains (and I have to admit I am a train fan) I was blown away by the miniature train set up that was being built. 
My dad bought me a toy train set when I was very young. He must have acknowledged the fact I was more of a train and car person than one to play with dolls OR he wanted to play with the train set himself ….or both… LOL
Anyhoo. After that daytrip away to also pick up some much needed semi precious gemstones for Paul’s aka Lair of the Bearded dragon, stone inlay work with his spindles and other projects, the big job continued of dyeing this months clubs. 

I have to admit, this year we have the most members ever! It is a record! So, I had to be more organized than ever and get all the pigments and fibres organized and the yarns and fibres ready to get their colours. Dyeing about 30 kilos is not a small feat and not something that I can do in a day. 
I am meticulous about my mixing and blending. I also wanted to get as much done as possible and , here is where the unimaginable stupidity comes in to play: I wanted to get my indigo dye bath going as well  because of ideal temperatures and dye another 15 kilos of yarn. Easy peasy! . Yeah …right. 

 I did what I wanted to do: finished dyeing the clubs and cleaned the whole dyestudio up, as I usually do after each dye run, made dinner, watched the most brilliant movie made in 2018: VICE (please go see it!  the Camera work is brilliant, the editing is out of this world, there is humour and political intrigue and the acting ..well: Christian Bale is perfection and Sam Rockwell, O..M..G..he actually started to look like George Bush in the movie..anyway..spoilers..lol)…. 
I found the next morning, I had the most splitting headache ever. I found that really annoying because I had not even indulged in too many cocktails..maybe I should have , so I could at least have blamed something. 
Anyhoo, It was a total loss of a day. Very frustrating for an energizer bunny as myself and hence, Plan B…… Something I prepared earlier for this update.

Please enjoy today’s update and relax, sit back, enjoy summer (or the coming of spring, where ever you may reside on this globe) and indulge in some amazing 24 carrot hand dyed bliss.



Better get this show on the road! Have a fun snaffle !!!



Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable. All my contact details are to be found at the end of this week’s blog entry. Have fun !!!

DIVA ! the 24 Carrot blend of IxCHeL blends

Superfine appr 16micron merino, Cashmere, Silk, Angora Bunny, Glitz     100g tops   AU$25


BB-8 -1left-


the Bees Knees-sold-

Black Panther 
(my absolute favourite colour green in this one and coupled with that purple…
well, that just makes MY mouth water…how about you?)
-2left-


Captain Jack (yeah, another fav of mine! 
How can you possibly not love Captain Jack Harkness,
you know the one from Doctor Who and super sexy and funny)
2 left





Dirty Unicorns-2left-


Gothic Pink-2left-


Hot Honeybunny-sold-



Mellow Yellow 
(yes, yellow is amazing with dusky purple! Try it and look awesome )-sold-


Natural or..as you can also call it…”Naked’



Night Sky (dyed with indigo)-2left-


Peacock-2left-


Pumpkin King-sold-



Sexy and Savvy-3left-



Summer sky (dyed with Woad)-1left-



Zombies n Mermaids-2left-




Japanese Indigo Seeds (Polygonum Tinctorium)



Grow your own Japanese Indigo to dye an amazing array of blues ! The pack comes with a planting guide and dye recipes as well as 10 organic seeds !


$ 8




IxCHeL Club Sign ups for 2019 are closed but here is the overview of all the clubs shipped out to all the members in 2018 ! If you would like to join for the next round just PM me.


Here is a photo compilation of the 2018 clubs to give you an idea what the "Art Journey" Theme of this years clubs has been all about : The interpretation of art into fibre.













 Have a fun week Creating your Dreams!



All my contact details are here:



How To Order:
1. You can email me on ixchel at rabbit dot com dot au or ixchelbunny at yahoo dot com dot au
2. Message me on facebook or 
3. Message me on www.ravelry.com  where I am ixchelbunny.
4. message me on Instagram where I am @ixchelbunny

I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods.


Any questions? Any custom orders for yarn or dyeing fibre? : Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.







 RABBIT ON !
((hugs))
Charly
qrcode

No comments: