Friday, January 25, 2013

Under Pressure


Spinning Pure Luxury while wearing an evening gown 
and doing acrobatics..
why not multi task and look gorgeous at the same time I say..;)

The world can be a strange place… when I was checking on fires and news in general this morning I found that goats took up a prominent spot in the odd news bit. One goat apparently got booked in Sydney by a policemen for eating a flowerbed and got acquitted. The policemen failed to book the owner and instead booked the goat..as if the goat cared one must ask, but the owner was happy that the goats name was cleared and he didn’t have to pay the $450 fine.

The one goat mention that really got me was one in Norway of all places. A road tunnel in northern Norway will be shut for several weeks after a 27-tonne truckload of sweet goat's milk cheese caught fire. How can cheese catch fire I ask you? But..okay… flames engulfed the tunnel last week and gasses from the melting load hindered firefighters. It took four days to put it out ! Four days to put out goat's'cheese!  The driver was not hurt and no other vehicles were in the 3.6-kilometre tunnel at the time. Lucky!... The tunnel near the small Arctic municipality of Tysfjord, some 1,350km north of the capital, Oslo, likely will be closed for two more weeks ! Well, there you go. Cheese is more dangerous than you think!

In the meantime in Australia…the temperatures have been soaring again near 40C and, there is a mere 65.000 hectares burning in Victoria near the Alpine National Park. Lucky there is a cool gust today with some rain and cooler temperatures, but the high winds are not helping I’m sure.
Living in a very high fire risk area like we are, you always have to be on your toes. On the other hand, with Bothwell Spin in only a month away I am working very hard to be able to offer the Tasmanians some special IxCHeL goodies. So, I won’t be making this blog a very long one: I have to get back to the dyepots ! I do have something very very special to offer all of you loyal blog readers and all I can say is this:

"Life is too short to play with bad fibres or bad men", somebody told me once. So, here is my latest super Luxury blend top that is going to make you drool. I can say this with certainty, because I have seen the reactions of people who have had the privilege to ...eh..."test cuddle" them…lol

Oh and why did I call it No5? Well, because there are 5 totally luscious fibres blended in this Pure Luxury Top :)  Enjoy !


How To Order from this Shop blog
 until the website www.ixchel.com.au is up and running –which will be sooooon-ish!-yeah yeah start laughing will ya.....You can email me on ixchel at rabbit dot com dot au or message me on facebook or ravelry where I am Ixchelbunny. I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods. Any questions? Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.
Payment : direct bank deposit, card or paypal ! easy !

(((HUGS)))
Charly

PURE LUXURY TOPS

A wonderful luxurious blend of Bison, Yak, Angora Bunny, Cashmere and Tencel
This stuff is AWESOME! and one of a kind! It is exclusive, extravagant, pure  luxury..hence its' name :)
If you want to get your hands on some of this very limited edition : act fast , there is a very limited supply!

50grams+    for  AU$22
Life on Mars

Ziggy Stardust

 
Golden Years
Modern Love

Under Pressure

Heroes

Let’s Dance

Suffragette City

Dates to Remember:
THE FAMOUS BOTHWELL SPIN IN, Bothwell, Tasmania   
Friday March 1st, Saturday March 2nd and Sunday March 3rd.

I will be there with as much fibres and yarns and batts and tops and wooshes and badges and more as I can pack into my Tardis ! I will also have some very special spindles with me and some exquisite Fiberific! Nostepinne and ChiaGoo knitting needle sets and Fiberific! stitch markers : they are so cuuuute ! , not to mention Art Yarns , pre felts, needle felting, angelina and much much more ! There are still spots on the ferry and Im sure that you can jump on a plane as well, although I wouldn’t recommend swimming: it gets a bit cold in the Bass strait…

Kingston Spinners Tasmania Spin in!

Tuesday March 5th, Kingston Spin In.  9.30am-13
Uniting Church  42 Jindabyne Road, Kingston beach, Tasmania
A fun bunny get together and I am planning something special :)
It is going to be FUN!

McClelland Spinnes and Weavers Show 
Wednesday March 13th, from 10 til 3pm

with a Peter Rabbit theme this year! The McClelland Spinners and weavers are located in the most exquisite of places: in the McClelland sculpture park near Frankston (McClelland drive, Langwarrin, in the craft cottages on the grounds. The park is a great place for a wonderful lunch , walking around enjoying all the sculptures and visiting the gallery) .
I will be there supporting their wonderful group and the Peter Rabbit theme ofcourse ! and bringing heaps of fibres, yarns and goodies !
For any questions contact Betty Dyer the secretary of the McClelland Spinners and weavers or me





IxCHeL Fibre Farm Spin in  with the Lara Group Spinners

Saturday March 16th.  11am-16
IxCHeL fibre farm

Hand knitters guild Mini Wool Show

Date and place to be announced soon ! This is a not to miss fibre fun opportunity!


BENDIGO SHEEP AND WOOL SHOW!

Friday 19th of July, Saturday 20th of July and Sunday 21st of July
This is the Ultimate Fibre and fun mix of them all! There will be lots of new things on offer at my IxCHeL stall ofcourse, with prizes to be won and lots of fun to be had!
This is the place to support farmers, fibre producers and independant "Indie" dyers and crafters and have some great fun discovering new things and even win prizes !
In the flower Power Bunny Shed there will be some extra surprises and new things happening as well, including …this is so exciting!!!!: you can see and try out new spinning wheels from a wonderful new fibre fanatic fiberific! vendor ! Don’t miss seeing these new beauties! And ofcourse there will be lots more demos and wheels and spindles on offer as well in the flower power Bunny shed !
There is a woolcraft schedule available at the farm or you can email Dot : Dotv5@optusnet.com.au. Entries for your fiber art closes on June 14th and there are lots of prizes to be won! Our little IxCHeL fibre farm is sponsoring sections 24 and 25 so get started on your entry to win some very yummy stuff !
Any questions or requests?
Contact me on Ravelry where I am Ixchelbunny, message me on facebook
or email me on Ixchelbunny@yahoo.com.au or ixchel@rabbit.com.au
RABBIT ON !
 ((hugs))
Charly
qrcode

No comments: