Friday, April 6, 2018

Time to Wool Dive!


Wooldiving!


It’s only been a week since my last  ...eh...“confession” and it seems both a long time ago and just a blink of an eye at the same time. Time is relative I guess..lol

The crazy time has started again here, well…more crazy than normal I mean. Crazy in the sense that my days are even more filled with spinning and dyeing almost non stop now than before.
All because the, what I call:  “Show Season”, has started up again ! In only a months time and a bit,  there is the huge Handknitters Guild Show at the Coburg town hall happening where you can easily spot me : I’m the crazy bunny person hopping around walls of colourful fibre and yarns and trying to enable everybody.
I always try and offer new yarns and fluffy stuff every year and this year I am very happy to offer you not only my  handspun of angora bunny yarns (pure angora, bunny mink and super special wallaby bunny and possum bunny yarns too) but also NEW super amazing lace weight yarn spun right here in Victoria AND also the launch of a  wonderful gold speckle sock weight yarn that will make your eyes water. There may even be some vampire deer yarns and maybe, just maybe a few himalayan marmot yarns too ...shhhhh (insert wink)

I will of course have the IxCHeL sock yarn again and lots of mini skeins, together with the cashmere merino silver Angelina goodness like I had on offer last year together with our own IxCHeL Farm Cashmerino Cobweb yarns. It is going to be EPIC! Lots of dyeing still to do and my natural pigments are already prepped and rearing to go; there are nicely wrapped packages of eco printed yarns waiting to be opened up soon (they are still snuggly parceled up so I can hopefully show you lots of beautiful eco printed yarns on lots of bases). Exciting !!!!

As you may know I have broken two toes about eh... three and a bit weeks ago and I can tell you spinning has not made it a less painful experience. I was over confident the day before yesterday so as a nutty bunny I spent a whole day (around 14 hours) almost continuously spinning trying to get as much done as possible. Not only in prep for the shows but also for a big order . Safe to say that at the end of the day my foot was yelling out to me how stupid I was and told my toes to push the pain level up to 11 , radiating so much to the rest of my foot I could not walk, I stumbled… My fault. So the last two days, still needing to spin, I started spinning yarns on my electric spinning wheel. Unfortunately that meant I could not do my big bulky art yarns on my Majacraft Aura, but I could do my angora handspun yarns and bunny mink yarns without having to treadle like crazy on my Ashford E-spinner, while resting my feet. I’m still stumbling about like an uncoordinated unicorn snowflake, but let’s hope that things improve soon. Fingers and toes (ouch!) crossed…lol

Have fun snaffling up some of tonight’s offers: The Angel Bunny Tops are one of my all time favourite blends with its superfine Blue faced Leicester super lustrous wool that is very easy to spin and draft and looks absolutely amazing combined with the fantastic softness of the cashmere and angora bunny fibres and the pearlescence of the Tencel. A beautiful drapey yarn will be the result and looks amazing ! Have fun !


IxCHeL Angel Bunny Tops 

100 grams AU$24

Blue Faced Leicester sheep, Cashmere, Angora Bunny, Tencel












Zombies gave me a Taco






Wooldiving Groot









Unicorn Farts







Too Many Seagulls 
(dyed with the leaves of the Woad plant)





Tequila Makes Clothes Fall Off...  -sold-




Dr Who Scarf Material




Did I shave My Legs For This? -sold-





DeadPool -sold-




Sexy and I know it




Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable. All my contact details are also to be found at the end of this week’s blog entry.



Have a Creative and Fun week!

All my contact details are here:



How To Order:
1. You can email me on ixchel at rabbit dot com dot au or ixchelbunny at yahoo dot com dot au
2. Message me on facebook or 
3. Message me on www.ravelry.com  where I am ixchelbunny.
4. message me on Instagram where I am @ixchelbunny

I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods.


Any questions? Any custom orders for yarn or dyeing fibre? : Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.



Dates to put in your Calendar

SUNDAY MAY 13TH 10AM – 3PM 

HANDKNITTERS GUILD OF VICTORIA YARN AND FIBRE SHOW
COBURG TOWN HALL
BELL STREET , COBURG, 3058
 A fabulous day filled with lots of yarn and fibre goodies and spindles, bowls and lots more !
An amazing day out !
Hope to see you there !
You can find the IxCHeL Stall and wall of colourful yarns and fibre at stall nr 1 and 2 at the front entrance. You can’t miss us !

Friday July 20th to Sunday July 22nd ;

Australian Sheep and Wool Show, Bendigo.
Go to http://www.sheepshow.com to see what is happening and book your tickets. The Bendigo Sheep and Wool show is the biggest wool show in Australia ! with an amazing amount of woolcraft, indie dyers, a huge amount of tops, yarn, craft, felt and spindles, spinning wheels and anything you need for your knitting,crocheting and crafting.
 I will be there with an amazing amount of new exclusive wool blends and yarns, batts, felt and landscape and botanical natural dyes and so much more !!!
I will also have spindles by the amazing Bearded Dragon and lots of fibre tools as well from darning mushrooms to noste pinne and needle cases to distaffs. And, there will also be Turkish spindles from my friend Scott Snyder of offer again !

Get ready for a fabulous weekend filled with lots of craft and fun !!!








 RABBIT ON !
((hugs))
Charly
qrcode

No comments: