Thursday, January 15, 2009

New hand dyed Angorino Tops & Pacangora Tops !

Talk about HOT!!!! Even here, where we are surrounded by mountains and usually freezing our proverbial ... off, it was ....HOT...no...Hotter than HOT! It reached 39degrees Celsius on Wednesday ! phew! and guess where I was, with my more than perfect timing? Right, hanging over the dyepot, steaming and hand dyeing the angora-merino tops and the new alpaca-angora tops! Now, am I a fibre nut or not?.......Don't aswer that....

Anyway, without holding you away from a drooling session ...lol...here they are. I think Plum Bunny is my favourite, but then Orchid Bunny and Summer Sunset Bunny are definitely up there too...Email me, PM me, stalk me if you want to give these babies a new fibre loving home! Ready ? Set? GO!!!

Hand Dyed Angorinos



Plum Bunny, Hand dyed Angorino 150+grams, AU$19 (sold)


Orchid Bunny, Hand dyed Angorino 150+grams, AU$19 (sold)

Cyclamen Bunny, Hand dyed Angorino tops 150+ grams, AU$19 (sold)


Treefern Bunny, Hand dyed Angorino 150+grams, AU$19 (sold)


pRETTY IN pINK, Hand dyed Angorino 150+grams, AU$19 (2left)


Beach Bunny, Hand dyed Angorino 150+grams, AU$19 (sold)



Summer Sunset Bunny, Hand dyed Angorino 150+grams, AU$19 (sold)


Bunny on the Heather, Hand dyed Angorino 150+grams, AU$19 (1left)


Wallaby Bunny, Hand dyed Angorino 150+grams, AU$19 (sold)



Bushland Bunny, Hand dyed Angorino 150+grams, AU$19 (sold)


Hand dyed Organic Pacangora Tops
(variegated black and grey Huacaya alpaca 95%, Angora Rabbit 5%)


Pacangora Waratah tops, 100grams, AU$22(sold)




Pacangora Blue tops, 100 grams, AU$22(sold)


Pacangora Green tops, 100 grams AU$22(1left)


Pacangora Lilac tops, 100 grams AU$22(2left)


Pacangora Sage Fields, 100 grams AU$22(sold)

Australian Heritage Mohair
I leave you with an image of a skein of Australian Heritage Mohair, recently spun for Yarn Magazine. I couldn't resist, I just had to show you...:) It is "swirly" spun, meaning slubby and letting the curls jump out!. So much fun! It is in the same colour combo as Orchid Bunny :)

I have carded and carded ....some more fabulous fibre and new skeins of hand spun and hand dyed will be on the blog sometime next week! Also, ofcourse ! Look for the new Yarn Magazine ! It will feature some amazing fibre stuff because 2009 is the YEAR OF NATURAL FIBRES !!!!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I love that mohair. And the pacagora is lovely, would take some off your hands, but I have 4 alpaca fleeces to process and spin from my babies, that I I have to remain focused!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your stuff, and will look out for YARN - YAY for natural fibres!

Wen said...

I can't wait to see the new handspun. The mohair looks fabulous.