Friday, February 26, 2010

Odd Searches and Superman Knits?

Flopsy enjoying a read and contemplating her next soccer move no doubt
The internet is a strange and mostly HUGE place where odd bits and pieces can be found randomly and without effort. I was just looking into what people "google" to get to this blog site...well, apart from the obvious " Ixchel" and "Ixchelbunny" and "Angora Rabbit" so is "why does a chicken cross the road?"(see my story about Caramel our chook here... http://ixchelbunny.blogspot.com/2009/02/why-does-chicken-cross-road.html ) , and ..........."why does my bunny poop so much?"...
Amazing but true, there are those who google exactly that sentence and they get redirected to this blogsite..Well, You all know me so well: I am not going to disappoint the people in anguish over their bunnies' poop mayhem, so here is an explanation.
It is ofcourse obvious that the more "input"your bunny gets, the more "output" it produces. The reason why it seems to be such a vast amount is because the bunny has a natural tendency to catapult the "output" here, there and everywhere. Not only that, I have found that they are excellent soccer players as well (or footy or rugby players, although I have never ever seen a bunny pick output up and run across the room with it). I know this for a fact because I have seen Flopsy, who is now living in my studio to be observed and treated for a minor skin condition, is continuously kicking and catapulting her output every which way.

Mind you, bunnies are very clean. They mostly put everything in the one place, but every now and again their naughty soccer skills come to the surface and Pow!....Goal! Not to worry it is easily cleaned up..phew...:)
Maybe you may call it "Eeeew", but us bunny people do have to observe Bunny poop on a regular basis: when you see that your bunny produces the so called "string of poo pearls"it is time to give it bird seed to prevent blockage. Bunnies, as you know, groom themselves like cats but cannot produce hairballs. When you do not intervene in time, your bunny can die ! So, hence the bunny poop inspection.
Also, don't be alarmed if you see your bunny eat their poo....it's okay...they need the extra nutrients. Enough ...about eeeewwww!.... bunny output: to Quote Monty Python....Now for something completely different.

News flash: Superman Knits!

Did you know that Superman knitted? I for one, had no idea he did this, nor that he does this in full regalia, but I have proof! Arts Centre MArkets & Bunny Spin INS
Last Sunday I went to the Arts Centre Market for the first time after my traumatic operation. It was great to see everybody again and with the help of Kylie the setting up was easy ! Thanks Kylie! It was also a very emotional and tiring day. Emotional speaks for itself, tiring....well..that speaks for itself too...lol.. I was there at 7am and home at 8pm..a long day. I was not ready. Not at all. So, instead of pushing myself to the limits and doing the wrong thing I decided it was time to give the Arts Centre market a rest for the time being. It was a very hard decision to make, but it was necessary.

I did think of organising some amazing BUNNY SPIN INS here at the Ixchel Fibre Farm starting in April ! (hey when is Easter?lol) More on that in later blogs though and on http://www.ravelry.com/. Everybody is welcome to come and visit , have a spin, knit or crochet , cuddle a bunny and have a nice cuppa...you can still hug a skein or the tops I dye ofcourse and every now and again there will be workshops as well ! The specific dates will be posted here and on Ravelry.

I have been dyeing some of my handspun pure yummy fluffy angora yarn and I am very happy with the result! the yarn is supersoft (low twist and low ratio plying), has a huge 110meters per 50grams and above all the colours are just great :) you will love the softness of it all and the projects that you can make with the yarn. Also some hand dyed organic Angorino (18micron organic merino 95% and 5% angora bunny) in braids weighing 150grams each! I have experimented with some awesome colour combinations and I am sure you will love their names as well :) Well, better let you all enjoy, drool, stalk and snaffle :)

Have lots of fun! and email me or message me on RAV if you want to cuddle some of these babies at home :)

((hugs)) Charly


Hand Spun and Hand Dyed pure organic Angora bunny yarn
(110meters per 50grams,gauge 4.75st/2.5cm/inch needles 5-10mm AU$26)
Limited supply !

Purple Dragons Raspberry Dip Charcoal Bun Granit Fluff Velvet Underground Opal Sky Vampires kiss-2left- Koalas garden-sold- Platypus'stream Bush flowers Bunyip

Hand Dyed Organic Angorino Tops
(95% organic merino 18micron, 5% angora bunny. 150grams AU$22)
Cheshire Cat-sold- Forget Truth that lacks Lyricism -sold- Killing dinner with Karate Balloons make calm canaries irritable Tumbleweed twirl Unending Afterthought-sold- Funny Thing -sold- Tadpoles talking Fauns and Ferns-sold- Should we go outside? Inflammatory writ -sold-

2 comments:

MissVicki said...

Superman is also a competent weaver, just for the record.

Marg B said...

Oh Charly, you just crack me up! I never wondered why bunnies pooped a lot as it's rather obvious when one sees them consume their entire volume in (plant) fibre in just one session but the information about their soccer skills was certainly news to me. As for the reuse of their excreted food... They are NOT to teach Hannah this - her output is gross enough already!