Saturday, May 14, 2011

Superstitious? Moi? Naaaaah !.....?


You may have looked for me yesterday and failed to find me. Just when I finished writing all about the phenomenon of Friday the 13th and the fact I did not really believe in it, all went to hell…



The google blogger programme apparently was in no mood to play on Friday the 13th due to some “issues”..and had a sick day ALL day in honour of that auspicious day.


Like I said this was going to be my first line of the Friday the 13th blog:




“It is Friday the 13th today…and I am not necessarily very suspicious, but still..I notice a slight chill running down my spine seeing a Friday coincide with the 13th.”



Well, there you go. So, the update was all ready to go, photos taken , blog written, all to go LIVE just in time (the way I like it..lol) but the Universe decided different.



I was amazed how calm I was about itall. Normally I would throw a big fit and start energetically talking to a deaf computer while Jazz would be trying to soothe me by pushing her big nose under my right hand and ask me to play with her instead. I did not explode. I was calm and thought “well, so be it” and went back to work. Because , yes, with all those huge events coming up like the Bendigo show in July and the handknitters guild mini wool show on May the 28th, I could not afford to sit on my hands.


So back to the dyepots I went, back to the spining wheel right after and before I knew it , it was feeding time for all the animals again.


Nothing major catastrofical happened before that, until I stepped outside, slipped down the muddy path to the chook run and whoops! There goes my ankle, leaving my foot slightly facing in a direction it shouldn’t have. Sometimes I wish I was made of rubber…don’t worry, all is okay, be it a bit swollen. Thank heavens for electric spinning wheels so I can finish my special yarns for the show…
I did not walk under ladders or come across a black cat by the way. Makes you wonder about all these superstitions though.


I don’t know how the ladder thing came about, but I know for sure that black cats for example are seen as GOOD omens not bad ones in Mexico. The white cat is who you have to look out for and is considered a bad one.



Time is in very high demand here now and if I had the chance to buy some more time off Ebay I would, but apparently nobody stocks up on the stuff. I wish I saved some of my time up when I was a kid , when I seemed to have time in abundance, but alas, I just wasted it on things kids do like having fun, playing games and being bored every now and again. No chance of ever being bored again I think.

So, apart from trying to get as much stuff done as humanly possible, trying to cope with hospital stuff and doctors appointments, trying not to worry and above all trying to still have some fun, I have come up with my new credo of this month, with thanks to the adorable Dory from Finding Nemo: Just keep swimming..keep swimming..keep swimming…..






This weeks update is not that huge as last weeks, but it is still a mini MONSTER update… I won’t keep you waiting for longer: here is the YAAAAAAAARRRN!!! And some absolutely wild Wensleydale. Enjoy!
Email me , message me on Rav or on FB to put your order in for some!!

Merino – Nylon Sock yarn (75/25)
4ply hand dyed +/- 420m/100g AU$23









the Magician






Pride & Prejudice





fountain of gold






Pomegranets





Origins (sold)





Frozen Lake






metamorphosis








Warped






Through the Looking Glass




Hand dyed Wensleydale Tops
Amazing shine, lustre and staple length! If you love English Leicester, you will be stunned spinning these tops! Often combined with Kid mohair because of its similarity in shine and appearance and feel.
100g AU$20










The Blessing Way (sold)





Riverdance



Dark velvet -sold-






Ghost network










Prototype2





Sacred Clowns





The Ghostway





Angora!!!!!







This yarn is super soft and is stunning ! I had a great time spinning it and was able to get a 4 ply thickness that still retained a loftyness and softness that you want a purte angora yarn to be.. We comb the english angoras every 2 days and give them a haircut every 2.5 months. English angoras are super soft and sometimes very silky (especially the smokey grey and silver angoras)
+/- 110-120 Meters per 50g !


AU$25 per 50grams of pure handspun and hand dyed unique luxury !















Rainbow Bunny





Shapeshifter








Skinwalkers





First Eagle








Zombies and Mermaids dark





Zombies and Mermaids





Thief of Time





Dance of the Bunny






Moss Bunny






Flower Power Bunny



Coyote Waits





Falling Angels






Finding Moon Bunny





Rembrandt Bunny





Black pearl Bunny




Email me on Ixchelbunny@yahoo.com.au if you want to adopt any of these Yaaaarns! or fibres : message me on Ravelry or facebook where I am Ixchelbunny !

Dates to Remember:

Bunny Spin in at the Ixchel Fibre Farm (11am-5pm)

Saturday, May 21st
Thursday May 26th

Bring your wheel, spindle, knitting, crocheting and a plate to share with everybody. There is cake and coffee and tea and a lovely bunny to cuddle and lots of fibres and yarn!) very important ! : Please, please let me now beforehand by email or message that you would like to come and visit so I can prepare the infrastructure and cake ofcourse !
Contact me on Ravelry where I am Ixchelbunny, message me on facebook there or email me on Ixchelbunny@yahoo.com.au

Thanks heaps for your support !


Monday 23rd of May
Gembrook Craft group Spin in !!! It’s a bi-annual event so come and visit this year!
Gembrook Community Hall, 9-3pm


Saturday 28th of May
Brunswick Town Hall
Handknitters Guild of Victoria Wool show
An absolute MUST for every fibre fan !


The BENDI PARTY is ON!
15-16-17th of July !
Bendigo Sheep and Wool Show (with a big dash of Rabbit from yours truly)
see website ; www.sheepshow.com
Woolcraft entries close june 10th. Contact Dot Vallence at the Woolcraft committee for more info or come to one of the Bunny Spin ins to g et your copy oif the woolcraft schedule book.

Bendigo Sheep & Wool Show is NOT to miss in this year of the rabbit !
Lots of special goodies on offer, prizes to be won and a super competition of “Bunny dress up”again this year! Make a a statement ! This year there’s a “Rock-a-Billy Bunny-dress up competition”and win a super duper Bunny Spin or Yarn bunny Prize! C’mon be a rockin”Fibre Bunny! You know you want to J
All the preperations are already on their way to make this years Bendi show an amazingly FUN FIBRE EVENT !!!!!


Bunny invasion in Queensland planned again just after Bendigo ! @ Mapleton Camp of the Queensland Spinners & Weavers ! More info soon !


RABBIT ON and
Keep swimming!
((hugs))
Charly

No comments: