Friday, October 7, 2011

Zombie Barbies and other Head spins


So many ideas and projects I feel my head is spinning, so what better way than to actually SPIN some heads...


My good friend Chantelle picked up some barbie treasures a while back and when I was visiting her for the Mapleton camp I saw this huge box with arms, legs and barbie heads. When I started jumping up and down enthusiastically yelling “Oh Wow!!!! That’s great!!!” I guess she just took pity on me and let me have the body parts…lol I never was much of your typical girl playing with dolls. I liked collecting rocks and other bits and pieces and was very into toy cars and robots. No playing with barbies for me, but I do get overly excited when they are in pieces.. I know, weird…
I finally got around to making some art yarns with these beauties and I thought I’d share it with you.



I washed the heads first, combed the hair (of which there is an abundance I might add) and then started corespinning a funky bunny batt with heaps of Angelina and bling and gorgeous tufts of angora while adding the barbie heads in. Although the orifice on my Majacraft Rose wheel is quite big the heads were bigger, so I had to devise another way to get the heads onto the yarn: easy: just add the heads after the yarn passed through all the hooks . It takes time…lots…of time, but the result is well worth it! The yarn looks absolutely amazing and will make a wonderful statement in a scarf , wrap or why not add it to a funky jumper? Who wouldn’t want an extra head poking out of a sleeve ? ;D

Here are some photos of the process of the barbie head spin resulting in a zombie barbie yarn.


head spin

head spin part 2

peek a boo


This weekend I am going to be super busy doing heaps of custom spinning and dyeing for the wonderful OK! Charli. OK! Charli makes the most gorgeous baby beanies and scarves and more. Please check her website and facebook page out for some wonderful funky baby and kids clothing: http://www.facebook.com/okcharli

Here is one of her gorgeous creations in the cutest baby picture ever (from JAE photography) :





Todays offering are Blue Faced Leicester Cashmere superwash tops and some new bamboo bunny sock weight yarns !


I am in kind of a Halloween mode already so I have added some typical Halloween colours to the mix. I will post asap so you will have time to make yourself some fabulous Halloween decorations or garments with these beauties. Have fun looking at this weeks update!

You can email me on ixchel at rabbit dot com dot au or message me on facebook or ravelry where I am Ixchelbunny. I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods. Any questions? Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.

Thank you so much for your help and support !
(((HUGS)))
Charly


Blue faced Leicester Cashmere Superwash Tops
(95% BFL, 5% Cashmere) 100g /AU$24


Sleepy hollow

Haunted house

Charcoal forest

King Kong

Dracula


Loch Ness


T-Rex

Spin Diva -only 1 left-

Halloween Party


Halloween boyz






Bamboo Bunny Sock weight yarn
(Bamboo, bunny, nylon, silk) +/-100g /AU$26 425 meters per 100grams!






Pink Lipstick



Enigma -1left-






Burgundy Splash





Wallaby Hop

Happy Rainbow

Blue Sky -sold-


Black Purl -only 2left-



Steampunk Blossom-3left-




SKULL yarns and skull beads




Alpaca Yak handspun and dyed beaded skull yarn 50 grams , +/- 65meters, $19






hand spun Angorino + cashmere beaded skull yarn , 50 grams, $19




Skull beads, 20 pieces $4.50





Zombie Barbie Yarns
hand spun and hand dyed Zombie barbie yarn 8wpi angora cashmere merino blue faced leicester bling angelina silk yak mink and BARBIE heads

Zombie Barbie Skein 1 $60
hand spun and hand dyed Zombie barbie yarn 185grams, +/- 70 meters 8wpi angora cashmere merino blue faced leicester bling angelina silk yak mink and BARBIE heads


Zombie Barbie Yarn Skein 2 $75
hand spun and hand dyed Zombie barbie yarn 249grams, +/- 90 meters 8wpi angora cashmere merino blue faced leicester bling angelina silk yak mink and BARBIE heads

more photos of my flickr photostream




Dates to Remember:
Bunny Spin in at the Ixchel Fibre Farm (11am-5pm)

There will be BUNNY SPIN INS again in October !! Yeah!
Saturday October 15th
Thursday October 27th
Bring a plate to share your wheel or spindle, knitting or crochet, yourself and a smile and have a fun day out amongst bunnies and friends ! Please contact me to secure a spot ! Bunny food like cabbage, bok choi or broccoli is always welcome: the bunnies will cuddle you more for it ;D



Gippsland spinners Group Visit Sunday October 16th
I will bring heaps of new yarns and fibres ! Don’t miss out! Contact the Gippsland Group on RAVelry for more info. I will add more info closer to the date as well.

Little Yarra Steiner School Fair & Open Day
Sunday, October 23rd
A very special family fun day : I will be there with heaps of handspun and hand dyed yarns, art yarns, tops, soaps and tea ! no to be missed !

For orders, enquires or a chat : Contact me on Ravelry where I am Ixchelbunny, message me on facebook there or email me on Ixchelbunny@yahoo.com.au

RABBIT ON !
((hugs))
Charly

No comments: