Friday, December 2, 2011

First Steps into a new world, Felt & Hexapuff mini skeins

First things first: Fifi is doing well and so are all of her baby bunnies. Mum Fifi wants to go galavanting around the studio more than anything though and given the chance, she jumps out of her door to leave her bunbuns safely sleeping and goes off flirting with Bear. The babies are doing great and are looking very healthy and finally they had the courage a couple of days ago to venture into the wide world outside of their safe nestbox….to quickly hop back in and snuggle up to their siblings… their uncertain wobbly steps and funny bunny binkies are hilarious..so cute !

Here are some photos:




first steps




wobbly



snugglebuns


I have been working overtime trying to finish as much felt and hand dye it in time for this weeks update and the Victorian Feltmakers Mini show and Talk I will be giving tomorrow ! I have written up instructions on how to felt pure angora and will be taking loads of fibre and felt with me. I am over the moon with my new product : the angorino (=95% superfine merino+5% angora) Prefelt : it has a gorgeous handle, soft as and takes the dye beautifully. I ofcourse couldn’t resist and had to make myself two hand and armwarmers oout of 1 angorino prefelt lap ! and needlefelted a zombie bunnie on it and finished it off with some lush angora hairs on the edges.. I call it my superBunny Klingon Armwarmer ;)

The angorino prefelt come in two sizes: a lap which is appr 40x40 (more like 45x50cm! And the angorino wrap size which you can see can is an amazing length and great width: 30+cm wide by +/- 250cm long. All hand dyed and did I have fun doing it. It looks stunning ! and it is so nice and warm as well : Yumm! Weight of the Superfine angorino prefelt is 150 grams per meter by the way, so nice and thin with a beautiful drape. An excellent base for your embelleishing, needlefelting or wet felting. I know I might be shot for this, but I think it is even very nice to wear as it is...lol

Also some miniskeins on offer to get you going on hexapuffs. The selection I made is for 10 skeins ranging from bfl bunny hand dyed sock yarn to merino with lurex and mink and silk ! One of the skeins is enough to make a hexapuff . I had so much fun making mine and filling them up with lavender: I actually started calling them stress-a-gones because it is so soothing to make and well, after you fill it …sniff to your hearts content.

Bunny Foster Programme
the IxCHeL Bunny Foster Sponsoring Programme or BunFoSP for short , is still open and there are still bunnies waiting for a wonderful foster parent. For more information on the foster program please visit my blog of 2 weeks ago or email me for information! There are still bunnies waiting for a foster mum or dad.

For photos of all our bunnies and our little fibre farm please visit my flickr photostream: www.flickr.com/photos/ixchelbunny and go to the set Ixchel farm or angora bunnies. There are also extra close up shot sof products and this weeks dyed felts !


How To Order:
You can email me on ixchel at rabbit dot com dot au or message me on facebook or ravelry where I am Ixchelbunny. I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods. Any questions? Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.

Thank you so much for your help and support !
(((HUGS)))
Charly


Angorino Prefelt Lap Cones
150 grams per meter, super soft prefelt, size per lap is at least 40x40cm most are 45x50cm. One of these laps makes a pair of good sized armwarmers (see my superbunny klingon armwarmers) and even more gloves ;)



Hand dyed , 95% super fine organic merino, 5% angora AU$9.50
my SuperBunny Klingon armwarmer /finger less glove with needlefelted zombie bunny


Rainbow dark -sold-




Rainbow light -sold-




Bush sunset




Dusk




Purple Magic




Seascape




Bush Country




Seahorse




Angorino prefelt LapCone




Dusk




Nice Bouquets





Mini Skeins December 2011 selection for your hexapuffs or stress-a-gones ...
every mini skein makes a hexapuff and there are a total of 10 different unique hand dyed skeins. The fibre selection is : Mink/silk !!!! Angora/merino, blue faced Leicester bunny, bamboo bunny, merino nylon, merino lurex (to make a twinkly hexapuff ! shiny !).
In total you will receive 10 mini skeins for AU$23




a selection of my “stress-a-gones”/ hexapuffs fiilled with lavender




and the December miniskein selection.




December selection of miniskeins -sold-




Close up of the stress-a-gones/ lavender filled hexapuffs





hand dyed Angorino Prefelt Wraps
Each angorino prefelt wrap is hand dyed individually and unique. Size : 30+cm wide x 2.50meters long (unless otherwise stated)


ready to be embellished, needlefelted or wet felted or be worn as is...amazing !


Price per angorino prefelt wrap is $28




ready for a night on the town wrapped in an angorino prefelt hand dyed wrap




Supernova


Glow

Fireworks

Energy





Hollow Earth





Enigma





Kangaroo Sun





Autumn Sun





Fire Within





Spirit Fire





Firestar II AU$26 30cmx220cm -sold-





Firestar I AU$26 30cmx220cm -sold-





Phoenix II AU$26 30cm x 220cm -sold-





Phoenix I AU$26 30cm x 220cm-sold-





Crushed velvet II AU$26 30cm x 215cm-sold-





Quest





Crushed Velvet I-sold-





Galadriel -sold-





Indigo Swirl-sold-





Heaven-sold-





Aurora Borealis-sold-





fern Forest





Woodstock-sold-





Quest





Gecko on my shoulder -sold-






Wild days rainbow-sold-





Wallaby Magic-sold-





Dolphins magic-sold-





Wombat Universe -sold-





Calypso-sold-





Galah Dreaming





Galah Dreaming II -sold-





Mermaid Light



Mermaid dark -sold-



Natural also available 30cmx2meters AU$20 and 1m x 2.5meters for AU$48


Dates to Remember:
Bunny Spin in at the Ixchel Fibre Farm (11am-5pm)


There will be BUNNY SPIN INS again in December !! Yeah! And the December ones are all in the spirit of Xmas. Please let me know beforehand if you are coming and how many are in your p arty so I can let Santa Bunny know

Saturday December 17th, 11am-5pm
Thursday December 22nd, 11 am – 4pm
Bring a plate to share your wheel or spindle, knitting or crochet, yourself and a smile and have a fun day out amongst bunnies and friends ! Please contact me to secure a spot ! Bunny food like cabbage, bok choi or broccoli is always welcome: the bunnies will cuddle you more for it ;D

Saturday December 3rd, 10am-3pm
Victorian Felters Guild
Corner of Highfield Rd and Milverton street-off Toorak Rd, Camberwell/Hartwell in the Hartwell Church Hall
Bunny Talk and Bunny Feting and IxCHeL products for sale ! Exclusive new product not to be missed : feel it to believe it : a super awesome Angorino Pre-Felt !!!

Contact me on Ravelry where I am Ixchelbunny, message me on facebook or email me on Ixchelbunny@yahoo.com.au or ixchel@rabbit.com.au


RABBIT ON !
((hugs))
Charly

No comments: