Thursday, November 1, 2012

True Love is Magnetic

Smile no matter what
 
There was no update last week Friday. Not because I was too busy or because I forgot. Not because I was tied up in the kitchen renovations or not even because I was feeling sick or was otherwise incapacitated. No, there was no update because internet connection failed miserably. Also customer service of all the overseas techs failed miserably I might add. For about three days I spent at least 2 to 3 hours on the phone trying to explain to Jennifer, Robert and Roy , that there was a line failure of some sort which led my internet to drop out and stay out. One of the above even mentioned that there were drop outs and failures in the northern territories so that may affect me…for the record, last time I looked the Northern territories in Australia are not even close to where we live in Victoria. Not last time I looked on the map anyway, although the re may have been some shifts amongst the continental plates happening while I was asleep at some point in time. I wouldn’t mind being a bit closer to the Northern territories every now and again to warm up on cold winter days, but alas, it is not happening. Anyhoo, I was off grid, off line and going through cold turkey for a week without any world wide web and fast communication. It made me definitely realise how addicted and dependant I am on the internet and telecommunications on the whole. I know there are people out there who frown upon the whole internet social media thing but I cannot emphasise enough how many friends I wouldn’t have known at all without the internet. So being without internet was scary. Nevermind, its back in bits and pieces and still drops out every now and again and I was not really idly running around pulling my hyair out and going cold turkey all the time: there was a kitchen renovation and heaps of yarns to spin and fibre to dye and bunnies to groom and clip. Internet or no internet , there was no down time for me.


The kitchen demolition has passed. The empty shell has now been filled up with wool insulation, wiring, new walls, a ceiling and yes, kitchen cupboards!! The power and lamps will go up this weekend, the tiling later next week. The pantry cupboards will be finished all built in the week after together with hopefully the granite benchtop and by that time hopefully the sink will be ready as well. We have been working it out ourselves and with the help of lots of friends and oh boy I tell you it is a steep learning curve. I am in total awe of those brave souls you see on the TV show Grand designs who build their own house or renovate an old fallen down ruin. It is amazing how much languages you have to know to talk to all the technical trades and get the stuff you need and what was in your mind as an idea. Us fibre folk can talk orifices and microns and hues and blends etc but wait til you talk to steel construction engineers, plasterers, electricians, builders. You will be amazed how easy it is , even when you take the greatest care to explain your self plainly and get that image in your head across to everybody involved, to have the other party think something totally different. There have been no major dramas at all thank goodness, but I can tell you there were some very close shaves…lol I will share some progress photos with you here but you can always see more on my flickr account in the kitchen renovation set.

Safe to say that Jazz and Bear have been very social and it is very funny to see both of them pitter patter towards all our friends in the renovation area to see whats going on. I think they imagine themselves to be our quality control team..


For the next two weeks I will still be camp cooking in the studio no doubt but there is light at the end of the tunnel..lol
ready to be plastered
after.....
walls are in and undercoated . the top coat is ..wait for it..a colour called cottontail!
How can a bunny fan possible resist that?


True love is magnetic ! I wanted the stainless stell pantry walls tot be holding up my magnetic spice containers…little did I know that good stainless is not magnetic! Doh..so we improvised and added strong very strong magnets hidden behind the stainless steel wall to be placed there. we added the text "Love is magnetic"behind the magnets as a token and a signature ... 

the kitchen cabinets and doors and drawers were everywehere even around my spinning wheel and in the hall and on the couch…lol
they are offcourse still in bits and pieces but you get the idea !

still a lot of work to do ! but ...there is a happy man in the kitchen..lol
the cabinets are in, the stainless steel walls are in !
tilling and the lights will be done soon so next week there will be more photos.


Apart from all the above mentioned excitement I can offer you some very  new funky bunny batts and yarns ! Because you all had to be without update material last week, you will receive a 10% discount for your order this week !!
Have fun snaffling !

How To Order from this Shop blog

 
until the website www.ixchel.com.au is up and running –which will be sooooon-ish!-yeah yeah start laughing will yaYou can email me on ixchel at rabbit dot com dot au or message me on facebook or ravelry where I am Ixchelbunny. I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods. Any questions? Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.
Payment : direct bank deposit, card or paypal ! easy !
Thank you so much for your help and supporting our little fibre farm !
(((HUGS)))
Charly
 

Funky Bunny Batts

 
A great blend of a wonderful mix of fibres as exotic as yak, mink to angorino, angora bunny , silk, glitz, blue faced Leicester and bling! And much much more even wensleydale and Navajo churro
Wonderful to spin and felt with !

 
Funky bunny batt Blush 138 grams AU$35



Funky bunny batt Chicago 147grams AU$36


Funky Bunny Batt Ivy 115grams AU$32


Funky bunny batt Spindle candy 142grams AU$35


Funky Bunny Batt Mermaid 132grams AU$34


Funky bunny batt Kiss me 127grams AU$33


Funky Bunny Batt Powder room 144grams AU$35


Funky Bunny Batt Baby Candy 146grams AU$36


Camelbunny Yarn  

hand spun and hand dyed super soft yarn with a meterage of +/- 110m/50grams. Wonderful and super soft to knit with and wear!
50 gram skeins AU$25

Only a limited supply !  
Eagle (2 available)



kata Tutja (2 available)
 

dreamy (4 available)


classy zen (2 available)



black night (2 available)


ocean grove (2 available)


red ochre dark (2 available)
burgundy (2 available)


moss twist (2 available)


red ochre light (2 available)


Dates to Remember:

Bunny Spin in at the Ixchel Fibre Farm (11am-4pm)
Every Third Saturday and every fourth Thursday of the month!

Next bunny spin in
Saturday November 17th, 11am-4pm and 

Thursday November 22nd,)   11am – 4pm

Bring a plate to share your wheel or spindle, knitting or crochet, yourself and a smile and have a fun day out amongst bunnies and friends ! Please contact me to secure a spot ! Bunny food like cabbage, bok choi or broccoli is always welcome as well ! : the bunnies will cuddle you more for it  !
 

Any questions or special requests?

Contact me on Ravelry where I am Ixchelbunny,

message me on facebook

or email me on Ixchelbunny@yahoo.com.au or ixchel@rabbit.com.au


RABBIT ON !

((hugs))

Charly

qrcode

No comments: