Friday, May 24, 2013

Like Alice in Wonderland

  It’s been three weeks now..three weeks of yucky flu-iness..not fluffiness..no! FLU.. I hate flu with a vengeance..if there is anything the pharmaceutical companies could do to make a pill that WORKS to get rid of any kind of flu, they would make millions!  ….oh well…I guess I will just have to “suck it up”just as a matter of speaking and go with the flow..pardon the pun.

 I went outside for the first time in two weeks and a bit to get some much needed shopping done and pick up my awesome sewing/overlocking machine I ordered wayyyy back when and was too sick to get. It is all sitting in my studio now, all I have to do is get the two meter tables ready and in place, set up the work stations, the power supply and presto! More work for me ..lol…very exciting work I tell ya!

I don’t know if you know this, but those of you who have known me for years and years, know that I started out selling ready made garments and weaving…all the cancer crap has side tracked me completely and I have been spinning and dyeing full time in the last 3 years. I miss weaving, I miss the draping and making of garments, the figuring out how clever placement of simple shapes can create a one of a kind style. Ofcourse it is not only that, I think that by combining what we know in different fields of the fibre world as a whole, our imagination can just go wild and combine so many things. It’s like, the more you know, the more ideas you get to combining all different kinds of craft and come up with something fresh and exciting.

These three weeks with the flu and Paul demanding I’d stay in bed last weekend, made me dream of new things, so it is all very exciting . Now all I need to do, is find the time to make all those dreams come true. I have set myself a totally unrealistic goal of getting new things ready for Bendigo, but as you all know, it’s the making of our craft that takes time and it just doesn’t happen in 5 minutes. It’s easy to get the ideas, but it is harder to make them work.
I am very excited about the future though and to finally have cleaned up the studio as well..it’s like a fresh start, a neat place to experiment and make things, rather than having to climb over cones and cones of yarn and fibre in despair, looking for just that shade to work with. Instead, all the yarn is safely confined to a wall cabinet behind doors in colour combinations. And I have space! Yes space! It makes so much difference to have space to lay out things and work and have a clear look at what you are doing. And I know, I am extremely lucky to have the studio I have, looking out over the forest behind us, filled with wild life and birds and beautiful trees. It is a gorgeous place to create and I am so lucky !
 
Photos to show you what it all looks like now will come soon ! in the meantime here is what the view looks like :


the studio view


Because I was so sick I had to do something I hate doing and haven’t done in a long long time: I had to cancel en event! I feel very bad about not making it to the Gembrook spin in last Monday but I was simply not able.

Things are going to be in full swing from next week on, once this flu has left the building which will hopefully be sooner than later. My brain is still foggy and swampy if you know what I mean but at least I have some energy back, which I will need to get all the pigments started and the dyepots roaring again. It will be Bendigo Show before we know it !!!!!

So what is on offer this week that is so special?? Well! I have some amazing Luxury No5 tops for you !!! Filled to the brim with angora, cashmere,tencel, bison and yak and just out of this world to spin !!! You may not even want to let it oout of your hands because if is so soft!!!! Its really nice to spin it on a support spindle by the way ..just a hint there…lol
Apart from that I have spun up angora bunny and fox !! yes, you heard it right. When I was offered some fox I couldn’t help myself and comined it with bunny into this yarn that is …well…it will leave you speechless. I did not dye it ..it is gorgeous white..a combo of white angora bunny and snow fox down. I am also working on some wolf down at the moment !!!!! YUM!!!! But that is next week ! ah and a funky bunny batt is also available for snaffling! Have fun and a very happy fluffy weekend to all !

How To Order from this Shop blog and support the IxCHel Fibre Farm:
You can email me on ixchel at rabbit dot com dot au or Ixchelbunny@yahoo.com.au or message me on facebook or ravelry where I am Ixchelbunny. I will email you  or message you right back with all your order details and payment methods. Any questions? Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable. an yes, I do custom orders as well !
Payment : direct bank deposit, card or paypal ! easy !
(((HUGS)))
Charly

Luxury No5 Tops

An absolutely amazing , super Super special rare blend of white Bison, angora, cashmere, tencel and yak .
50grams+    for  AU$22

Ocean Kelp


Master of the Universe

 
Andromeda
Dreamtime



Dreamy

Funky Bunny Batt

 filled with angora, alpaca, cashmere, Angelina, super fine merino, yak, mohair and yak
130grams+    for  AU$34
sold

Bunny Fox yarn

174 grams , 4 ply spun extremely fluffy lustrous rare yarn made with angora bunny and snow fox down.
An absolute one of a kind yarn. I have 4 skeins available.
I would rather sell the four as one lot to a lucky snaffler, but there are 3 skeins of 50grams available and one skein of 24 grams.
 
174grams+    for  AU$88 (normally $105) or per skein of 50 grams it is $30.


sold


IxCHeL Club sign ups are Open !



The IxCHeL clubs sign ups are starting as of today for the fibre, yarn, mini skein and batt clubs for July, August and September 2013! Here is all the nitty gritty:
 

IxCHeL Fibre Club July, August and September 2013

The subscription is for a period of three months and you will receive one special hand dyed top/roving per month to the value of AU$22 , and as all of you past members know you get tops that are usually around $24 ! so it is a great deal!
All the tops will be hand dyed and will be especially made for the members of Ixchel Fibre Club ! Price to join the Ixchel Fibre Club #17 and receive your special hand dyed top :)) for three months (may-june-july) is AU$66 + postage (parcel post or airmail). AND there are good value double serves available !!!
 
For Australia : single serve $66+$24 postage (parcel post), double serve $120+$24
For USA + Canada: single serve AU$66+AU$45 (Airmail) double serve AU$120+AU$45
For UK,Europe, rest of the world: Single serve AU$66+AU$58 (airmail) Double serve AU$120+AU$58
For Asia: Single serve AU$66+AU$36 (airmail) Double serve AU$120+AU$36
If you want to receive a fibre surprise every month then join the IXCHEL FIBRE CLUB #17 now. Numbers are strictly limited ! Deadline for signing up for fibre club #17 is July 8th! And the first instalment is going to be shipped out end of July. Payment via direct deposit or credit card or paypal. Just PM or email me your details
 

The IxCHeL Sock Yarn Club July, August and September 2013

Every month for three months (July, August and September 2013) you will receive: enough hand dyed luscious yummy yarn to make a pair of socks or a lush shawl or scarf ofcourse! (the hand dyed yarn will be exclusive for the Ixchelbunny SOCK-IT-TO-ME Yarn CLUB and will range from a sockweight yarn or a 3ply or a 4 ply); Every month a new sock pattern, tips and instructions ! Now is that GOOD or is that GOOD ??!
I will even offer a double serve for those of you who like their socks extra long
 
For Australia : single serve $78+$24 postage (parcel post) double serve $130 (= one skein FREE!!!) +$24
For USA + Canada: single serve AU$78+AU$45 (Airmail) double serve $130 (= one skein FREE!!!) +AU$45
For UK,Europe, rest of the world: Single serve AU$78+AU$54 (airmail) Double serve $130 (= one skein FREE!!!) +AU$54
For Asia: Single serve AU$78+AU$36 (airmail) Double serve $130 (= one skein FREE!!!) +AU$36
 
Numbers are strictly limited ! Deadline for signing up for the Ixchelbunny SOCK-IT-TO-ME Yarn CLUB! is July 8th.
Payment via direct deposit or credit card or paypal . Just PM or email me your details 
  By the way: you don’t HAVE to knit socks if you don’t want to.. the hand dyed yarn is amazingly nice for scarves, cowls, beanies and even tops ! Anything goes .
 

IxCHeL Mini skein Club July, August and September 2013

Every month I will be offering a monthly exclusive IxCHeL mini skein selection for Club members. In that monthly selection there are 12 hand dyed miniskeins that are hand dyed and or even hand spun and awesome to add to your mini skein projects.
Here are all the details for the sign ups for the IxCHeL Mini Skein Club:
For Australia : single serve $69+$24 postage (parcel post) double serve $130 (=even a better deal!) +$24
For USA + Canada: single serve AU$69+AU$45 (Airmail) double serve $130 (even a better deal!) +AU$45
For UK,Europe, rest of the world: Single serve AU$69+AU$54 (airmail) Double serve $130 (even a better deal!)+AU$54
For Asia: Single serve AU$69+AU$36 (airmail) Double serve $130 (even a better deal!)+AU$36
 
Numbers are strictly limited ! Deadline for signing up for the IxCHeL Mini Skein Club is July 8th. The first Club mini skeins will be sent out end of July. Payment via direct deposit or credit card or paypal. Just PM or email me your details
 

IxCHeL Funky Bunny Batt Club July, August and Septmebre 2013

Here are all the details and just pm me when you have any questions or want to be part of the funky bunny batt club Movement ;-) Welcome to the blingy dark side ;-D
The subscription is for a period of three months and you will receive one special hand dyed funky bunny batt per month to the value of AU$32 or more .
The batts will range in weight from 100grams to 150grams with luxury fibres like camel , angora, cashmere, silk, yak, llama even wolf and bison this time ! All the batts will be hand dyed and will be especially made for the members of Ixchel funky bunny Club ! Every month you will receive a HUGE luxury funky bunny batt !
Sign up now and you will receive an Ixchel Hand dyed , super luxurious funky bunny batt for July, Augsut and September 2013 !
Price to join the Ixchel Funky bunny for three months is :
For Australia : $96+$24 postage (parcel post)
For USA + Canada: AU$96+AU$45 (Airmail)
For UK,Europe, rest of the world: AU$96+AU$54 (airmail)
For Asia: AU$96+AU$36 (airmail)
If you want to receive a fibre surprise every month then join the IXCHEL FUNKY BUNNY Batt CLUB now. Numbers are strictly limited ! Deadline for signing up for the funky bunny batt club July 8th and the first installment is going to be shipped out end of July 2013 :) Payment via direct deposit or credit card or paypal. Just PM or email me


Dates to Remember
BENDIGO SHEEP AND WOOL SHOW!
Friday 19th of July, Saturday 20th of July and Sunday 21st of July
This is the Ultimate Fibre and fun mix of them all! There will be lots of new things on offer at my IxCHeL stall ofcourse, with prizes to be won and lots of fun to be had!
This is the place to support farmers, fibre producers and independant "Indie" dyers and crafters and have some great fun discovering new things and even win prizes !
In the flower Power Bunny Shed there will be some extra surprises and new things happening as well !!! new fibres, blends, colours, soft fluffy things to spin, weave, felt, sew!, embellish! And there will be our delish Buddhas tears tea again as well ! And badges! and buttons ! and…Pre Felts ready to embellish or make into your special garments ! Its all happening !!!!
There is a woolcraft schedule available at the farm or you can email Dot : Dotv5@optusnet.com.au


Entries for your fiber art closes on June 14th and there are lots of prizes to be won!
Our little IxCHeL fibre farm is sponsoring sections 24 and 25 so get started on your entry to win some very yummy stuff !
Any questions or requests?
Contact me on Ravelry where I am Ixchelbunny, message me on facebook
or email me on Ixchelbunny@yahoo.com.au or ixchel@rabbit.com.au

RABBIT ON !
 ((hugs))

Charly

qrcode

No comments: