Friday, December 22, 2023

Happy holidays and a Big Thank you !

 Happy holidays ! Bunny hugging its toy


It’s all about….well… happiness and gratitude in this blog. In between all the chaos, mayhem, wars (yes, plural heartbreak) and all the hard times, there is always something..some little thing..some infinitesimal, tiny thing that can make us smile. 
At this moment for me, even though I’m in pain and have to admit I can hardly walk, I am cracking jokes (a fab coping mechanism I know..lol), but I am also super inspired by the amazing beauty all around me and the amazing support I have received from all of you. I’m filled with gratitude and love and thank each and every one of you for showing so much love for our little fibre universe. Not in my wildest dreams would I have thought this would happen in the twenty years I have been dyeing, spinning and making all this fluffy stuff. Not in my wildest dreams did I think that my passion for bunnies and fluff and wool and spinning and knitting, crocheting, felting, weaving and dyeing would ever make it possible to do it for “a living” as they say.

From when I was 3 I wanted nothing else than to draw, paint and create. My parents however, being very accomplished artists enamalists (meaning creating true enamel as in molten glass on copper or gold or silver, not that plastic sh$te…everybody nowadays sell as being enamel..lol) wanted a “better” future for me so they wanted me to become a lawyer (tried that, but I’m unfortunately not confrontational enough) or a doctor (halfway there with my medical anthropology but they probably would have liked it more if it was plastic surgery…lol)..Anyway, it’s really funny that somehow, I was stubborn enough and weird enough? To somehow got my wish anyway: making a (nearly…lol) living wage creating colourful fluffy, wonderful, weird and lovely stuff for other creators to make their own dreams and visions come true. Life is strange and amazing and you can never, ever tell what is going to happen in real life. So, if you cannot predict anything, why not do what makes you happy?! Be kind to yourself and be kind to others.

For me this week has been family catch ups and making lots and lots of batts (I wasn’t kidding when I told you all to go batty, coz you did! Thank you so, so much).

 

I hope for this holiday season you will all get some time to be happy with what you are doing, what you have created and the friendship powering all of that. I am so grateful to have  this fibre, yarn and lovely community! I want to thank you with all my heart to be so supportive and amazing! To show so much love and understanding ! And, to be there even when times are tough  and my body is giving out or my brain is gIrving me  hard time, telling me it’s never enough. We are all enough as long as we care for others and …for ourselves.

With the last of the clubs of the year done and shipped on December 1st, it was time to get a compilation done to give you an overview of all the art journey clubs of 2023:

 

 IxCHeL yarn club overview 2023

 IxCHeL art journey batt club 2023

 IxCHeL art journey fibre club 2023

 The sign ups for the 2024 clubs are open now until December 30th (or until the spots fill up ! ) you find all the club information for the fibre, yarn and batt clubs here:  https://ixchel.com.au/collections/clubs

There’s no new product update for this Friday, but the IxCHeL shop is open and we will be shipping when Australia Post office hours permit constantly. I will not be dyeing for two weeks, but after that it will be full for pre ahead for new colorways, new yarns!, new fibres and new lots of things, fluffy things in 2024!  

We are not going away on a world wide cruise, plane ride or adventurous Indiana jones-like holidays, we are just taking it a bit easier..slower..breathing..aligning our bodies and minds and trying to get all energised to face the new year again. 

Have a wonderful holiday, however way you celebrate it. 
Be you!

Love who you are !

Do what you love and do it often!

Big hugs

Charly

 

 

No comments: