Friday, October 9, 2009

A bunny day at the Guild & lots of cuddly fibre

Last Saturday, Tribble, the golden haired angora bunny and me, ventured off to the city of Melbourne to do a talk about craft, fibre, bunnies and lots of other amazing cuddly stuff. It was a presentation that the Spinners and Weavers Guild of Victoria in Carlton asked me to do for their certificate spinning course students! and.... I did also bring with me : a carload full of fibre ..ofcourse :) Needless to say that Tribble (and me..ahem) were both nervous ..it was the first time he was ever the centre of attention of so many women...!
Tribble giving bunny nose rub to M :) and wishing her a wonderful Wedding day this Saturday!

I must say that the worrying was totally unnessary because he absolutely enjoyed being fondled, cuddled and being called "adorable". I do not think he has come off his mountain yet...lol...he certainly loved being in the limelight and as for me, well, I had a fabulous time talking for about three hours...lol...as Paul would say: "I can talk under water"...There was a lot of interest in the "marketing your craft:taking it beyond the spin" talk , where I was trying to give everybody information about how to take it a step further than just adding to your stash but sharing your stash to the world. By giving examples on how things work legally and what to look out for, it was a down to earth presentation telling it "how it is"....I hve shown you some photos taken by the lovely Chiara Z on th eday (please check out her blog http://ztwistart.blogspot.com/2009/10/bunny-love.html : she does an amazing job!) Thanks Chiara for sharing your wonderful photos!

The Sunday was spent at the Sunday Arts Centre market where a lot of people went crazy about the angora yarn and my maya wraps. I now have to weave three Maya wrap orders so I know what I will be doing this week...lol.

I have not forgotten about your need to drool and cuddle and fondle some fibre and yarns so here it is: the promised update of smooshy hand dyed tops, yummy sock yarns AND last but not least: BLING for the soul in the shape of some funky bunny batts :)
Enjoy and same as always: just email me or pm me on http://www.ravelry.com/ if you want me to send some of these babies to you :) Have a fun week!


Funky Bunny & Waca Paca Batts

Waca Paca Batt : Cloud 9 .... SOLD
98grams/AU$28 alpaca yak llama silk angora bunny glitz angelina

Waca Paca Batt : Olympus 79grams/AU$25 SOLD
alpaca yak llama silk angora bunny glitz angelina

Funky Bunny Batt : Shrek - 116g/AU$35 SOLD
Angora bunny , superfine merino yak lots of silk bunny glitz angelina)


Hand dyed Blue Faced Leicester Bunny sockweight yarn (100grams /310-340meters/AU$26)

Another Rembrandt

Goldilocks -sold-

Luna Lovegood -sold-

Hagrid

Trelawny


hand dyed Camelbunny tops (50grams/AU$18)

I took some camelbunny and camelbunny silk tops with me to the Guild last Saturday and these are all that's left! Everybody goes crazy about these camelbunnies :) and rightfully so: they are the most luscious easy to spin fibres you will ever put your hand on :) Promise!

Winky sold

Peeves sold


Old Norwegian tops (100grams/AU$18)
The oldest sheepbreed in the world. Amazingly cute sheep, hardy and very very lofty to spin!

Ronan

Hedwig

Hand dyed Masham tops (100grams/SPECIAL ! AU$18 rrpAU$20)
These tops are amazing to spin! Lustrous long strong wool, amazing for socks! and more :)

Gawp sold

Fawkes

Centaur sold

Buckbeak sold

Heart

Diagon Alley


Some other news.....


For all of you following me on Ravelry and here on my blog you may know that I have been "a bit under the weather" or not my usual "anything goes-self" the last couple of months. After umptieth tests and poking and running around here and there and everywhere , something has "come up" so to speak and I will have to go to hospital next wednesday for further poking and prodding and urgent removing of "stuff" . Without going into too much detail, since there might be children and other innocenti present, I will advise you all right here and now that there will be no fibre update or yarn update next week friday, but I will keep you all posted on how thingzzz are going......Promise! Also my sincere apologies to Jean Barnes, the reporter/producer of the Eastern Regional TV or Channel 31: I am so sorry that me and my bunnies won't be able to make it to the TV station tomorrow but I am sure that your viewers will appreciate not seeing me in this state...lol...(on that note I think : "damn there goes my 15mins of fame...lol) Please check the eastern regional tv website out though : http://www.eratv.org/


Safe to say that when I cancel a TV appearance, I will not be going to the Arts Centre market this Sunday or the 18th of October either, but if you need anything just stalk me anytime by email or phone and I can always send it to you :)


For all the members of the Funky Bunny Batt club: I am preparing all the batts and the hand dyed tops and will send them off before my "holiday" at the hospital on wednesday :)


For the sock yarn members: as promised "the sock it to me club" parcels will be sent off to you all at the end of this month as normal and it is looking good! Thank you all for looking at my blog ! Have a wonderful week and have fun cuddling a skein or some fibre :)
Hugs,
Charly

3 comments:

SM said...

Best wishes and good thoughts for your hospital "holiday"

Chiara Z said...

Thanks for the bunny cuddles and all the best at the hospital. I'm hoping, like the Guild visit it will be unnescessary worrying about it. Look after yourself. C

Leonie said...

Good Luck with your "holiday", I hope all goes well for you.