Friday, October 23, 2009

Somewhere between no Whoopee! and a wet blanket...

It has been a long time for me between blogs and markets and with a huge big reason....I wish I could tell you I won the lottery and was off scuba diving in some tropical paradise. This blog is going to be personal.. a lot..but since I have always been an advocate of the "straight to the point-no beating around the bush" handling of things, I am going to give it to you straight: (stop reading here if you don't wanna know...lol)......................
..........
.........
...................
...................
...............
..........
..........
.......
..........
.............
...
..
..
seeee! I knew you would read on...lol....
Anyway...while going through tests for fertility treatment after having so many miscarriages, I was diagnosed just last Monday with cancer.........there !......I said it.
It has been the toughest, hardest, most heart breaking thing I have ever had thrown in my face. It is HUGE. Not only the impact of never having children (which at this time seems to hurt me the most) but the whole magnitude of things: operations, not being able to work !(huge for me as a work a holic with her own business ...lol...)...and and so so much more, so many questions...so many "what about the animals, the day to day stuff, normality?...everything.....
For all of you out there who have sent me cards, and gifts (Kylie your chocolate came just at the right time!!!! :) a big hug sweetie!, and Juleen: I am wearing the gorgeous heart necklace to keep me grounded and to Steph: yes I will defenitely sink my teeth into the Provence books soon !) and sending me so so many hugs and healing thoughts: Thank you so so much! It makes me feel I am not alone in this nightmare.
I had a ct scan done yesterday to get to the bottom of the severity (they injected me with some "dyes" so I probably lit up in the dark last night, which would made life a lot easier should the power have failed ...lol). Thank you so much Veronica for holding my hand and the chat while they were poking their needles in me ...and driving me back home ! Hope the kids love their yummy Dutch aniseed drink ! :))
Anyway, as you can see I am getting on with things, I am trying to keep positive and most importantly to have a fighting spirit and a good sense of humour attacking this situation head on. Before all the treatments start and the operation (probably next month) , I am doing my best to finish orders, and getting all the clubs ready. I also have prepared some yummy fibre and yarn for you to drool over and stalk :) and although I will be taking it a lot A LOT easier (otherwise Paul will tie me down...lol) I will still be blogging and spinning and doing some mini dyeing sessions every now and again to keep my spirits up and yours! and trying to pay the bills that will keep coming in now more than ever I imagine...lol...
Email me anytime or pm me on http://www.ravelry.com/ to place an order or to have a chat.
Thanks again for everything and Love and Peace to all!
Mulberry Silk yarn, hand spun & dyes, plyed with gold thread AU$32/50+grams, +/- 75-90meters
Dapper sold
Ducky
Flapper
Heebie Jeebies
Hotsie Totsies sold
Giggle Water
Australian Heritage Mohair hand spun and hand dyed
AU$35/140grams +/- 180meters
Paradise
Baby Shetland Bunny tops Natural AU$18/100g
Baby Shetland Hand dyed Tops AU$20/100g
BearCat sold
BigSix
Bee's Knees sold
Cat's Meow
Crush sold
Blue Faced Leicester Bunny Sock Yarn AU$26/95-105grams/+/- 345 meters
Juice Joint sold
Live Wire SOLD
Putting on the Ritz SOLD
Palooka SOLD
Spiffy SOLD
Tin Pan Alley sold

4 comments:

Leonie said...

Oh Charly, words cannot express my sadness at your news. Have been thinking of you since your last post and hoping all was ok. Wishing you strength and health and happiness while you are dealing with this challenge.

Michelle said...

Thinking of you--I wish I knew the right words to say.

Furry with Ruffles said...

No words can express...
Walking the Relay for Life in Perth this weekend and will think of you.
FurrywithRuffles

Chiara Z said...

Charly, I've been thinking of you while there were no posts, and hoping for you. Now the news is hard. I'm going to keep hoping and cheering for you. Sending you strength and hope and love . . .