Friday, November 19, 2010

Going out and vegging.

Dash enjoying a sunny day in the bunny run


I really thought I did practically nothing this week..nothing. But then I remembered I did do a lot of grooming and clipping of angora rabbits, dyeing of yarns and fibres , reading and I totally forgot I had put a new veggie patch in that I filled with tomatoes, chillies, capsicums and basil: call it my Mediterranean veg patch. Very happy with my veggie and herb patches. Especially now that the slugs and snails decided to go to my newly opened Irish beer pub (read : can filled with beer and water and sugar) rather than destroy my seedlings. I am especially happy with the herbs I planted last season and are doing very well. I needed them to, because of the latest bout of throat anguish I was so happy my sage was there to make a wonderful tea infusion. The lemon balm is great for cooling down on those warm days and the oregano and basil are amazing in my pastas: nothing better than fresh pesto ;-) Cannot wait til my jalapenos and habaneros are firing up !!

the HOT veggie patch


I finally bought some solar garden lights (mainly because they were on sale ..lo. and looked very nice too..and thought well, if it works for the garden why not in the house? Unfortunately the light output is not all that flash but still, in times when there are power outages here (read: often) they will come in handy ;-) I will just make a bouquet of solar lights: very romantic ..lol

Apart from that I am afraid there is nothing really much exciting going on this week: my cricketball gland in my neck dimished to the size of a very small ping pong ball and I am trying to boost my immune system with olive leaf and lots of vitamins and herbs. I feel lots better than last weekend I tell ya but, there is still a loooong way to go and I am sure that if I do not pace myself I will push myself off the cliff again. I have to tell myself work will always be there and whether you do a lot or not, there will always be stuff waiting for you.
I am a terrible procrastinator at times though and leave almost everything to the very last minute. Why is that ? I mean, I like deadlines and they get me going, but the way I do it is just ridiculous. No, I will definitely have to change that! How? Well, I will have to procrastinate on that..lol..

I am looking forward to a very nice weekend starting tonight, when Paul and me are going to see the new Harry Potter movie: so looking forward to a night out ! You will guess by now that all the fibres and yarns are Harry Potter inspired..lol…but you probably have guessed that already.

So without keeping you on the edge of your seats: get ready to drool and snaffle! There is only a small supply of …so please contact me by email (ixchel@rabbit.com.au) or on www.ravelry.com where I am Ixchelbunny or even message me on www.flickr.com where I am also known as Ixchelbunny. Drum roll !!!!!!!!!! here is this weeks fibre update !!!!!

Have a great week !
((hugs)) Charly

Hand dyed Sock Yarn
80% merino 20$ nylon, 4 ply, +/- 420meters per 100grams AU$24/100grams
Harry Potter -sold-

Moaning Myrtle -sold-

Hogwarts -2left-


Hand dyed Angorino
95%superfine merino 18micron, 5% angora rabbit
100grams/AU$20

Weasley -sold-

Luna -sold-



Sirius -sold-

Riddle -sold-

Dobby -sold-

Neville Longbottom -sold-

Poppy Pomfrey -sold-

Hedwig the Owl -sold-


Hand dyed Camelbunny Silk tops
50%baby camel, 45% mulberry silk, 5% angora rabbit
50grams/AU$19

super luxurious tops to hand spin or felt. Amazing shine and softness and hand dyed with love

Bellatrix Lestrange -sold-

Hermione -sold-

Basilisk-2left-

Order of the Phoenix

Severus Snape -sold-

the Quibbler -sold-

Horcrux


Thanks heaps for your support and have fun!

RABBIT ON!!


Dates to Remember:

Bunny Spin in at the Ixchel Fibre Farm:

Saturday 20th of November and Thursday the 25th of November
Bring your wheel, spindle, knitting, crocheting and a plate to share with everybody. There is cake and coffee and tea and a lovely bunny to cuddle and lots of fibres and yarn!) very important ! Please let me know beforehand by email or message that you would like to come and visit so I can prepare the infrastructure and cake ofcourse !



Blog award part 3
I won! I won! Yes I received a BLOG award !



Now to tell you which bloggers I admire…which is a hard one, but here are some of them. I will have forgotten heaps and heaps.

1. Z twist art : www. http://ztwistart.blogspot.com Chiara is an inspiration ! She boosts my energy and creativity, reading her updates every day ! Apart from that she is a generous and wonderful person !

2. http://evilmcweevil.blogspot.com Another amazing creative soul. Not only fabulous at anything beading (love her stitch markers!) but she has only been spinning for a year and spins the most gorgeous yarn! I am the proud mum of one of her teddies , she sent to me after my uterine cancer ordeal . Teddy is special and so is evilmcweevil !

3. http://whirlingbobbins.blogspot.com Beautiful blog and gorgeous blogger , who writes a wonderful blog and is what I call a “wise woman” fabulous photos and great stories. She is ofcourse a wonderful spinner as well.

4. http://theroadlesstravelledlb.blogspot.com a wonderful blog about a very difficult and heart breaking subject: infertility and how to cope. When things get tough and I g=have a hard time , knowing that I am not alone and there are others trying to cope with not having children makes life just that much easier.

5. some fun! http://tywkiwdbi.blogspot.com when you just want to see what weird things go on in this universe..lol a great read!

1 comment:

Shevi said...

Nawww...thanks for the vote of confidence honey :oD Hope that teddy is still bringing you joy when you're feeling a wee bit down.