Friday, August 5, 2011

And..the Adrenaline keeps pumping...

Millie









Another year has passed…WHAT? Do I hear you say? Well , yes, I mean, I tend to count my years as in BEFORE and AFTER Bendigo and Mapleton Camp. The coming back after these huge and fabulously exciting events always marks a bit of relaxing time..ahem..well normally, but not now. Like I said the adrenaline kept pumping because of some very exciting events on the horizon: new bunny arrivals !! Next week I will bring some wonderful new bunnies to the IxCHeL fibre farm to enhance the fluffy bunnies we still have (the super eight as you know them now) and then the breeding will start up again with new hope and vigour. The cages have been cleaned and sanitised for the new arrivals. Soo exciting! I will ofcourse take photos of the new fabulous angoras when I will pick them up from my friend Christina of Rivkah Rabbits but I am already letting you see some so you can get acquainted. Millie you have already seen right in the top of this update and her fibre is absolutely magic!! Also a new boiy called Midas , who is as the name suggests a golden boy ! I have spun his fibre for the Bendigo show and it is absolutely fantastic ! I will have some more of his fibre for sale and other bunnies and also yarn, but that is for nnext week when it is all about BUNNIES !








MIDAS







Bendigo show was HUGE! And an absolute hoot ! It was a monster set up that only “took me 10 hours …yes TEN hours !
























the car was so packed they had to pull me out with a bottle opener… Thursday was all about setting up ofcourse and then the Bendi Ball started on Friday and the busy flow of fibre fans did not stop til Sunday afternoon ! Almost all my badges I made were gone on Friday afternoon ! I got so many requests for more that I have made some more of the favs and you will be able to order them on line from this blog update : all 59 of them! I am always making new designs and will post them so you can have your badge fix.
Anyway I digress…lol..I was very fortunate to have the fantastic help of my sis in law Marg, who was an absolutely fabulous “bunny slave”as her badge indicated..Thank you so so much Marg!
On the Thursday I also strategically placed some Bunny advertising so all the visitors would know where to find me at the flowershed : Follow the carrot signs !


On the Saturday morning a group of little boys came and visited me at the stall holding about 6 of my follow the carrot signs and asking with their most innocent faces if they were mine? Okay, that was not part of the plan..lol…not to worry: I asked them to place the signs and some more new ones all over the showgrounds and when they came back later after their bunny assignmenet all received a bunny badge ! You should have seen the smiles !






At the show I also had some fabulous Whorled Domination spindles for sale that went like hot cakes, Daniel also sponsored the bunny cause with his fab bunny love mitten: thank you so much Daniel !





There were also some great stitchmarkers and shawlpins from Barb of WnW. She even made Bunny and carrot stitchmarkers. Thank you Barb!

The petitions were a great success: We managed to get 1892 signatures to present to the government , more are being collected as I type this and the plan is to get as many as we possibly can in the next couple of months ! The fight to get the myxomatosis vaccine legalised here in Australia AND work towards a working vaccination against ALL strains of callici is not over yet ! Anything you can do to help will be greatly appreciated!

We managed to pack up everything on the Sunday including a new wheel Spun Out lent me to do my demos and workshops on while at the Mapleton Camp: A sidekick ! It’s a new wheel that has just been released into the wild world of spinners and I absolutely love it ! It spins lace, wire, anything and it purrs like a dream ! At first it was a bit tricky to get the wheel all unfolded (there are two screws that secure the treadles to the wheelbase when you fold it up) and back in business again but after a couple of times you kinda get used to it. It is certainly the most compact wheel I have ever seen. It is light but stable and shows absolutely no trembling when you spin fast : a very stable wheel ! I still have the Schacht Sidekick in my possession for the upcoming IxCHeL bunny spin ins starting again NEXT month ! so anybody who wants to try it out or see it in action : come along to the next bunny spin in and be amazed. If you want to know more about the Schacht Sidekick you can go http://spunout.com.au/shop/Spinning-Wheels/Schacht/Side-Kick-WITH-Bobbin-Flyer-Assembly

After Bendigo show I immediately drove to Queensland, which ofcourse took me about three days to get to since it is not exactly around the corner…lol I arrived with a less filled car but still overflowing (I cannot possibly pack as well as Paul I have to admit!).





At arrival the car was immediately inspected. Chantelles husband Tim could not hold back from trying to pry open the backdoor, which subsequently gave the spirit and decided it was time to break down completely. It just refused to close again and after inspection the lock had broken….and this is why I love Queenslanders: in a matter of minutes all was repacked, calls were made and help was offered to get my display material and fluffy stock to Mapleton camp ! Amazing effort Chantelle, Annie and Alison ! thank you so so much for everything ! Mapleton camp was amazing as always! Things just cannot get better: three full days of fibre , spinning, knitting, weaving, felting, food, drink and fun! There was even basket making and ofcourse there were the wire core spinning workshops as well ! Everybody had a great time! And I can hardly wait for next year !!!
Thank you all so much for inviting me to Mapleton Camp, Thanks to Dot for the wonderful organising of the huge Australian sheep and wool show at Bendigo again this year !, thanks to Chantelle for putting up with me and my fluffy stuff, thank you Marg for helping me so much at Bendigo, Thank you Barba and your gorgeous daughter for all your hard work before and at the show, Thank you Daniel for your amazing spindle magic and generosity and thank you ALL for supporting the bunny cause and the IxCHeL fibre farm !!! You are amazing !











This weeks blog update is a very fluffy and badgy one ! so get your snaffling boots on: here are this weeks offerings:

You can email me on ixchel at rabbit dot com dot au or message me on facebook or ravelry where I am Ixchelbunny. I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods. Any questions? Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.


Thank you so much for your help and support !
(((HUGS)))
Charly


IxCHeL Badges 35mm AU$2, 6 badges for $11 or 10 badges for $18.
.
Photos of the badges per type can be seen on my photostream in the badges section on www.flickr.com/photos/ixchelbunny

Just quote the nr that is on the lower righthand corner of the badge when you order. You can order anything you like, multiples of one type of badge or different ones: anything goes !






Badges nr1 to 20





Badges 21 to 40











Badges 41 to 59







Icelandic tops AU$18 100grams hand dyed





.
Descended from the same stock as the Norwegian Spelsau, brought to Iceland by the Vikings, Icelandic sheep have been bred for a thousand years in a very harsh environment. It is a midsize breed with faces and legs free of wool. They are left unshor for the winter.





The breed is very cold hardy and the fleece is medium long , excellent to spin and has great strength. It’s around 29-38micron and is excellent for socks, mittens and even rugs. Hardwearing and comes up a treat when “whacking”after spinning to make it softer to wear. Felts beautifully and is great for needlefelting as well !!!






Icelandic Sheep with a view








In the shape of a heart -SOLD-





Lawless avenue -2LEFT-





The naked ride home -2LEFT-




Diamonds on the soles of her shoes -1LEFT-





Doctor my eyes -2LEFT-





Lives in the balance -SOLD-





Natural






Blue Faced Leicester –Cashmere Superwash ! tops




AU$24 100grams hand dyed






Cold day in the sun

Peace like a river

Marigold

Spirit voices

Still Crazy

Cool River -SOLD-

Kodachrome -1LEFT-

Boy in the bubble -sold-

Graceland





Email me on Ixchelbunny@yahoo.com.au or ixchel@rabbit.com.au if you want to adopt any of these badges! or fibres : message me on Ravelry or facebook where I am Ixchelbunny !






Dates to Remember:

Bunny Spin in at the Ixchel Fibre Farm (11am-5pm)


There will be BUNNY SPIN INS again in September!! Yeah!
Saturday September 17th
Thursday September 22nd
Bring a plate to share, your wheel or spindle, knitting or crochet, yourself and a smile and have a fun day out amongst bunnies and friends !

Contact me on Ravelry where I am Ixchelbunny, message me on facebook there or email me on Ixchelbunny@yahoo.com.au


RABBIT ON !
((hugs))
Charly

No comments: