Friday, January 2, 2015

Bring on 2015!

 

First of all Happy new Year to everybody!

Thank you all for sticking with us over the last TEN years!!I will raise a glass to more years to come with even more fluffy fibery excitement and more ! Hoorah 2015!!!!

This blog update is dedicated to a very special soul. As you may (or may not) know, December had already shown its cruel face before, but it just got worse.
The day after my birthday, December 29th, our faithful, peace loving, amazingly beautiful fur baby, bunny dog extraordinaire, Jazz, passed away.

She was diagnosed with cancer of the spleen on December 27th and Monday morning before the operation was planned she was just too weak to withstand any trauma, so we made the heartwrenching decision to choose she would pass peacefully to the Rainbow Bridge.
Jazz was 11 years and 2 months old. She was our loving doting companion 24/7, 7 days a week, always with me and we were always there for each other.
She had the most horrific childhood, but we rescued her from a very abusive home at an early age, the separation anxiety never left her, so we were always by her side.
We have some fun memories and amazing adventures to remember Jazz by. I was already heartbroken by earlier events in December, among other things some super bitchy bullying behaviour of some , loss of lives and the loss of Fifi, our gorgeous angora bunny mum. The rule of " all bad things happen in threes"  were totally banished to oblivion for us in December with Jazz taken from us. Paul and myself are still crying.
To all who think, well it’s just a dog, they are wrong, she was the reason why Paul said “C’mon Jazz! Go see Mum!” or I’d say “ Jazz! Wanna go for a walk with Daddy?” …see, that’s gone now…every step I take I miss her, because she was always right there.

W.H. Auden has the most perfect poem to describe what we have been going through:

"stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
 prevent the dog barking with a juicy bone...
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
 Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

(S)he was my North , my south, my east , my West;
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that Love would last forever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one;
 pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood;
 For nothing now can ever come to any good."


 

 



 

Rest in Peace Gorgeous Jazz
Never forgotten and always loved 

Time will pass and hurt will heal.

As always, my true love (Paul), my passion (fibre and colours) and all of my wonderful friends have saved me.

Thank you all for your support, hugs, love and compassion.

 Your support means so very much to me and I am utterly grateful having all of you in my life.

Wishing you a wonderful, happy 2015, filled with love, friendship, passion, creativity and most of all, lots and lots of smiles and laughter and happiness: even in times where everything seems so dark.

Be grateful, be yourself, be happy-even in the very tough times.

May 2015 be a time of abundance of laughter and adventures of your creative soul. Big hugs !!

 

Bunny Bison Bliss tops

Bison , Angora bunny, Baby Camel, Cashmere, 17micron merino, Tencel
 
 50+grams/ 1.8 oz AU$17
 Hand dyed and absolutely divine to spin !
Rose Quartz -sold-

 

Tiger Eye-sold-

 
the Happiness patrol-sold-

 
Lapis-sold-

 
Jade-sold-

 
Fancy Jasper-sold-

 
Agate-sold-
 
Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable. All my contact details are to be found at the end of this weeks blog entry. Have fun !!!

Dates to put in your Calendar !!

 
January

Saturday 10th  and Sunday 11th, 10am-5pm

ELEMENTAL FESTIVAL at Gladysdale, Yarra Valley, Victoria
 
I will be there with lots of hand dyed tops for spinning and felting and happy rainbow yarn! As well as some amazing Lair of the Bearded Dragon spindles and bowls that are pure magic to spin on !

 

How To Order:
1. You can email me on ixchel at rabbit dot com dot au or ixchelbunny at yahoo dot com dot au
2. message me on facebook or ravelry where I am Ixchelbunny.

I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods.

Any questions? Any custom orders for yarn or dyeing fibre? Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.
Thank you so much for your help and support !


 RABBIT ON !
((hugs))
Charly

qrcode

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hello, I got this link from Rebecca at needleandspindle . My heart goes out to you re Jazz and that poem just put me on my knees.........My beloved Irish Wolfhound just died of a spleen problem also. Thinking of you.
Susan

ixchel bunny said...

Hi Susan, Thank you so much for your comment on my blogpost about Jazz <3 I am so sorry to hear about your gorgeous dog. Big big hugs , Charly