Friday, August 5, 2016

Busy Bunny

Rabbit Shadows by Ferdinand du Puigaudeau

The July clubs have just been finished and sent out and I am immediately in prep and dye mode for updates, custom spinning and the next clubs not to mention the big show of October 2nd coming up all the workshop preperations for the Shepherdess retreat at the end of October.

If you thought that after Bendigo show this bunny could take some time off you are mistaken: it may be slightly less manic but if I do not get started on prepping fleeces and start spinning angora yarns and art yarns I will get very far behind for all the shows next year. There is so much planning of blends and colours and spinning to do and with time in limited supply I always think well, If I don’t start now and try and get ahead of the game it will save me on the panic front next year. Yeah right…!lol No matter, I will keep telling myself that..although I know there will always be “panic” somehow before markets. I think it’s a genetic flaw..lol

The bunnies have been getting extra run around time and the girls have been getting oout all together. It is quite fun to see different cliques forming with the occasional “loner” ..atm we have two individual bunny loners so to speak, who, eventhough they love running around, are anti social in a way: Hilde for example a beautiful Big smoke grey girl, at first tries to dominate everybody else in the group but then gives up and retreats to her quiet throne of hay and straw where she sits and looks at her underlings. Babette on the other hand doesn’t even try to dominate , she loves to have quiet time by herself. Uhura and TicTac do not stray far from one another and always snuggle up close. Bunnies are just like us really: some introvert some extrovert.

After a big show like Bendigo there are lots of tasks that have been left so there is a huge catching up to do with taking care of the land and the veggie plots. We have cleaned up and sowed the veggie beds again for bunny foods and it is looking good. Let’s hope there is not a lot of frost coming anymore. We have protected the beds to better be safe than sorry but still.. You never know.The more veggies we grow the better the bunies thrive and the better fibre we get.

Which leads me to another matter: for those of you who know me and what I have been doing for the last 12 and more years, know that I do more than just tops: I do lots of handspinning and hand dyeing of felt and yarn and much much more. Blending, making batts. Most of these are either custom orders or preparations for shows. The weekly update is a very limited view of what is going on here. So, for the last 12 years I have been basically doing my blog and enjoying it immensely (hoping you do too ;-) ) BUT since I have been more involved in facebook and seeing that so many people are looking for ethical angora yarn and other items I do not really put up on my blog every Friday, I feel like I am letting lots of people down by not having a proper 21st century website with a proper shopping cart. I need your input here: what do you think? Should I or shouldn’t I? I have been putting it off an off and more off, but at the same time I feel like so many people cannot understand the way the blog works, you know, the personal interaction needed to get my product and it kind of …well….troubles me..when I read people saying they have been searching for this and that and I KNOW I can enable them but at the same time I KNOW with my “un-orthodox” way of “flaunting my wares” trying to uphold a personal connection rather than “on-line-shopping “ so to speak, will immediately put a huge threshold up. Mind you, there is only so much this bunny slave can do !..lol…and that is the other conundrum I guess. Anyway, please let me know what you think, because , you know I do love to please and enable ;-)


Have a fun weekend and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions! You know me: I always love to enable! Custom spinning and dyeing and creating blends Please contact me: I am here to help .

All my contact details are to be found at the end of this week’s blog entry. Have fun and stay warm!!



New IxCHeL Club sign ups are open

for the months : October, November and December 2016 

(til quotas are reached or until October 1st)

For all our international club fans there is a possibility to ship all three clubs together to save on postage if you want :-) Just pm me and enquire about the options available.

IxCHeL Fibre Club October, November and December 2016

The subscription is for a period of three months and you will receive one special hand dyed top/roving per month to the value of AU$24 or more
All the tops will be hand dyed and will be especially made for the members of Ixchel Fibre Club ! Price to join the IxCHel Fibre Club #30 and receive your special hand dyed top :)) for three months (October, November and December) 2016) is AU$72 + postage (parcel post or airmail). AND there are good value double serves available !!!

For Australia : single serve $72+$28 postage (parcel post), double serve $136+$28 (save $8) or triple serves $204 (save $12!) + postage
For USA + Canada: single serve AU$72+AU$48 (Airmail) double serve AU$136+AU$55
For UK,Europe, rest of the world: Single serve AU$72+AU$60 (airmail) Double serve AU$136+AU$60
For Asia: Single serve AU$72+AU$45 (airmail) Double serve AU$136+AU$45
If you want to receive a fibre surprise every month then join the IXCHEL FIBRE CLUB #30 now. Numbers are strictly limited ! The October 2016 Club is going to be shipped out end of October. Payment via direct deposit or credit card or paypal. Just PM or email me your details

The IxCHeL Sock Yarn Clubs October, November and December 2016


Every month for three months (Ocober, November and December2016) you will receive: enough hand dyed luscious yummy yarn to make a pair of socks or a lush shawl or scarf ofcourse! (the hand dyed yarn will be exclusive for the Ixchelbunny SOCK-IT-TO-ME Yarn CLUB and will range from a sockweight yarn or a 3ply or a 4 ply); Every month a new sock pattern, tips and instructions ! Now is that GOOD or is that GOOD ??!


I will even offer a double serve for those of you who like their socks extra long !



For Australia : single serve $78+$28 postage (parcel post) double serve $130 (= one skein FREE!!!) +$28

For USA + Canada: single serve AU$78+AU$48 (Airmail) double serve $130 (= one skein FREE!!!) +AU$48

For UK,Europe, rest of the world: Single serve AU$78+AU$60 (airmail) Double serve $130 (= one skein FREE!!!) +AU$60

For Asia: Single serve AU$78+AU$45 (airmail) Double serve $130 (= one skein FREE!!!) +AU$45


Numbers are strictly limited ! 
Payment via direct deposit or credit card or paypal . Just PM or email me your details 
  By the way: you don’t HAVE to knit socks if you don’t want to.. the hand dyed yarn is amazingly nice for scarves, cowls, beanies and even tops ! Anything goes .

IxCHeL Funky Bunny Batt Clubs October , November and December 2016

Here are all the details and just pm me when you have any questions or want to be part of the funky bunny batt club Movement ;-) Welcome to the blingy dark side ;-D
The subscription is for a period of three months and you will receive one special hand dyed funky bunny batt per month to the value of AU$40 or more .
The batts will range in weight from 140grams to 180grams with luxury fibres like camel , angora, cashmere, silk, yak, llama even wolf and bison and rare sheep breeds !!!! All the batts will be hand dyed and will be especially made for the members of Ixchel funky bunny Club ! Every month you will receive a HUGE luxury funky bunny batt !
Sign up now and you will receive an Ixchel Hand dyed , super luxurious funky bunny batt for October, November and December 2016.

Price to join the Ixchel Funky bunny for three months is :
For Australia : $108+$28 postage (parcel post)
For USA + Canada: AU$108+AU$48 (Airmail)
For UK,Europe, rest of the world: AU$108+AU$60 (airmail)
For Asia: AU$108+AU$45 (airmail)
If you want to receive a fibre surprise every month then join the IXCHEL FUNKY BUNNY BATT CLUB now. Numbers are strictly limited ! The first installment is going to be shipped out end of October Payment via direct deposit or credit card or paypal. Just PM or email me




Handspun Angora Yarn   



English Angora bunny fibre,(for the woad dyed ones it is also blended with silver Angelina; the natural white is pure angora bunny handspun and eq 8 ply),
50grams AU$28





Woad dyed with silver Angelina blended in, 
appr 100m/50 grams 8 ply weight, 1 available





Pure white English angora yarn, from our bunny Uhura, 
8ply +/- 100 m/50g         8 available



GaGa! Bunny Tops   



Blue Faced Leicester , Angora, Super Blingy Glitz, Cashmere
100grams AU$24






Mushroom -sold-



Mushroom Walnut -sold-
(dyed with natural mushroom and walnut husks pigments)







Woad Walnut (dyes with natural pigments)-sold-



exploding Tardis-sold-





The Fourth Doctor -sold-
(great for spinning your own Doctor Who Scarf!)




Winter Sun-sold-


Winter Wine-sold-



Uluru Sunset-3left-

Velvet-6left-


Sunset on MArs-sold-


Zen-sold-




Dates to put in your Calendar !!

OCTOBER

2nd of October
Black n Coloured Sheep FIELD DAY  in Cranbourne!




Landscape dyes 

 100g tubs   AU$11 


Want to dye your own with easy to use acid dyes? I have been selling these Landscape dyes at my workshops and shows for a long time :  They are extremely easy to use and come in great shades.
Just contact me with the name of the colour you are after and I will get right back to you.


Have a creative week!
Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? : Always happy to enable.

All my contact details are here:


How To Order:

1. You can email me on ixchel at rabbit dot com dot au or ixchelbunny at yahoo dot com dot au
2. Message me on facebook or 
3. Message me on www.ravelry.com  where I am Ixchelbunny.

I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods.


Any questions? Any custom orders for yarn or dyeing fibre? : Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.


Thank you so much for your help and support !


 RABBIT ON !
((hugs))
Charly
qrcode

No comments: