Friday, October 7, 2016

Carpe Diem

Elves and bunnies

Somewhere In Canberra today there was a memorial for somebody special, somebody who was an amazing fibery librarian bunny loving special person and I want to pay tribute to her tonight: Elizabeth Caplice.

Elizabeth loved spinning and knitting and books and bunnies and that’s how we connected many many years ago…Simple..sweet..and instant because we both loved the same stuff.  She was part of my fibre club from when  I started..she loved spinning and making yarn.  The last thing she asked me to do was  dye yarn for her in happy butter yellow to weave something special for a friend who was going to have a baby. It was going to be a special project. One of her last.

Elizabeth was very young but unbeknownst to her and me at that time she had bowelcancer.. terminal..she was 34 years young…..and she loved fibre and bunnies and life. She was special.

 So tonight, even though I cannot be in Canberra at the National Library where she worked as a brilliant librarian, I am dedicating this blog to her.

 Vale Elizabeth: I will never forget you and the passion you had for life and laughter and everything fluffy. For me , everytime I see something about Iceland, I will remember you , because you had a passion for so many things in LIFE  and about Iceland and its’ sheep and I will always admire your strength and beauty and passion.
Some people leave their mark through their writing, their passion: Elizabeth was like that. So tonight I am raising my glass to you Elizabeth while listening to Morrissey and wish, for everybody, that they live their lives as if there is no tomorrow, love with passion, laugh and jump with joy every day, appreciate every minute as if it was the last and be generous, as you were, in everything we do, say, think and enjoy.
 Here’s to you Elizabeth ! Carpe Diem ! Slainte! And big bunny hugs to a very special person that brightened up so many lives. Here’s to Life! Enjoy it and live to the fullest !!!! Be compassionate and care and have FUN !!! Big hugs to you all !!

Elizabeth with her Bunnies


Tonight’s update is all about something lush and special (coz you are worth it !!!) and have fun !!!! I have been busy this week dyeing the clubs and the rare sheep breed adventure together with custom orders. Super busyin short. It never stops I am also preparing heaps fro a retreat coming up but more about that next update 


Have a fun weekend and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions! You know me: I always love to enable! Custom spinning and dyeing and creating blends Please contact me: I am here to help .

All my contact details are to be found at the end of this week’s blog entry. Have fun and stay warm!!



Camel Bunny Silk Cashmere Tops   




50grams AU$21






Velvet



Velvet DReam








Tropical Summer



Purple Sunset





Purple Rain





Pink Panther


Jean Genie



Heather

Buttercup



Bahama Triangle



Autumn Sunset




Have a creative week!


Dates to put in your Calendar !!

DECEMBER

2nd of October
Workshops in Warburton: more info to come soon !



Landscape dyes 

 100g tubs   AU$11 


Want to dye your own with easy to use acid dyes? I have been selling these Landscape dyes at my workshops and shows for a long time :  They are extremely easy to use and come in great shades.
Just contact me with the name of the colour you are after and I will get right back to you.


Have a creative week!
Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? : Always happy to enable.

All my contact details are here:


How To Order:

1. You can email me on ixchel at rabbit dot com dot au or ixchelbunny at yahoo dot com dot au
2. Message me on facebook or 
3. Message me on www.ravelry.com  where I am Ixchelbunny.

I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods.


Any questions? Any custom orders for yarn or dyeing fibre? : Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.


Thank you so much for your help and support !


 RABBIT ON !
((hugs))
Charly
qrcode

No comments: