Friday, October 22, 2021

Fluffy Freedom




It has been a very busy week again..again…again…. Clubs dyed , labelled , packed and shipped; custom orders dyed , spinning of custom orders continues, inktober challenges in it’s third week and I am surprisingly keeping up (although I am losing a bit more sleep..lol) and blanding and carding lots of fibres for next updates. It is all happening. I have been tapped on the shoulder by some saying : “ you are supposed to be taking it easier !” , but yeah… It’s hard to change isn’t it?

Also, hoorah for those predominantly in inner city Melbourne : You have gained your “freedom” out of perpetual pandemic lockdown it seems. I saw a video of someone recording the celebratiionary shouts, applause and singing from his Melbourne apartment building … Ecstasy  that they could all go out and mix with hundreds of others to celebrate that they could come out and “play” outside again….

It’s a tough one…for almost two years we have been “programmed” to look at the pandemic case numbers, now rocketing out of control in Victoria, and yet we are opening up …it’s strange to be told that we have to lock down when 50 cases were there, but we can open up and be “Free” when there are over 2000 cases…. Epidemiology and Logic tells me it’s because of vaccination numbers over a certain percentage, but it is a whole different way of thinking we have to become accustomed to. 

It is a strange reality we are living in and one that we need to constantly adapt to . Like today: Because I look like a distant relative of “Cousin It” , from the Addams Family, at the moment I thought: let’s call my hairdresser “now we are free and opened up again” and make an appointment. Looks like I can’t get in for another two weeks because they are fully booked. That did not surprise me ! lol 
What did surprise me was  the next call ,I was very reluctant to make, was to my dentist and what happened.....
Back story: I am absolutely terrified of any dental things. I have been “graced” with the same bad teeth my parents had and I tell you that is a horror story all on its own. My dad was so terrified, he abandoned me at the dentist office as a kid, and let me stay there all on my own because he was just toooo terrified… yeah..that didn’t help either..lol

It also didn’t help that when I was in the public health system in primary school they had dental busses come to school and give everybody a check up and some dental work if need be. As it so happens, I was the lucky one who had a small cavity in one of my teeth, and the dentist was more interested in chatting to his assistant about curtains he had bought for his house than to keep an eye on where he was drilling…he slipped and went straight into my cheek! Safe to say..that didn’t help alleviate my future anxieties ……..

This brings me to the current obvious illogical situation: after lockdown I called my dentist because I REALLY have to have a tooth looked at which looks like it had enough being in my mouth and decided to pack it’s bags and move out…so I called my dentist and what do you know? I can get in earlier into my dentist office than the hairdresser! This is unheard of!!! Normally when one is in excruciating dental pain you call your dentist and you can only get an appointment in three month’s time ! Now, it’s harder to get an appointment to get your hair done than it is to have your teeth fixed !!! The world truly is gone mad…..LOL

Apart from that little look into my (sur)reality…I have to say I feel very strange going out again. I have been happily living in the confinement of our house and its' immediate surroundings for the last two years, without the damming stigma of “normal” people telling me to go out or otherwise I would be branded socially inept.. Now that whole pressure of having to socialize is back on the cards……. Well, let me tell you: I will not be pressured in having to have a 100 people in my house even though Plague regulations allow it..lolol 
 So, just in case you feel the same way as me: Freedom as they call it is just a construct. You have the freedom to happily knit, read a book or paint and be by yourself and your family rather than go mix with hundreds of others. Freedom is defined by what you want to do , what you feel is good for yourself. Don’t let other people’s idea of what freedom is define you.
There: rant over…lol 
 Or, in the words of some great philosopher :
”Let all us introverts unite, separately , in our own homes”….


So, THIRD week of inktober ! Yeah ! Every day you receive a prompt, as a kind of a hint of inspiration to draw and ink something. Here are the third seven days. I have never , ever lasted this long !!!!!

It’s pretty hard to keep it up every day, but I will do my best to keep it up ! As usual I want to have a bunny in each of the drawings …lol no surprise there….























Can you spot the Doctor Who references? How many are there? 

Funnily enough, todays Inktober prompt was OPEN ! lol 
Great timing with Victoria announcing it's "Opening up" so I hereby present you with this illustration and philosophy :

"Although a door opens, it doesn't mean you have to barge through it..
Take your time, assess the situation and do what is good for you."




Keep your eye on my other drawings and fluffy musings on Instagram, including some fun videos too....just look up @ixchelbunny. I would love to see you following my adventures there.


Now, what have I got planned for you tonight? Absolutely fabulous handdyed Camel Bunny Silk Cashmere Tops!! 

These handdyed tops are amazing to spin and felt with. They are fully blended so it makes for an easy, relaxing spin and it is truly magical to wear. A friend , Siobhan Colley, sent me this shawlette as a present more than ten years ago I think : Handspun and then knitted into this truly fabulous "Fallen leaf" shawlette, pattern by Kyoto Nakayoshi. You can find the pattern on Ravelry.







Have lots of fun browsing tonight's offerings !

Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable. 

All my contact details are to be found at the end of this week’s blog entry. 




IxCHeL Camel Bunny Silk Cashmere Tops

Baby Camel, Mulberry silk, Angora Bunny, Cashmere

50+gram top     AU$24

 

Wilderness People





Swan Lake





Pebbles





Gothic Velvet   SOLD





Pumpkin Spice and everything nice





Indigo Mood





Lilac  1 available





Dreamscape  SOLD




Natural





the big Blue Yonder   2 available





Sexy Weatherman  1 available





Sunshine Heather  SOLD





Great Ocean Road   SOLD





IxCHeL Tweed Yarn  

Hand dyed


Super soft lambs wool 70% and Kid Mohair 30%

Spun singles, fingering or sock weight yarn
+/- 200meters/218yards
50grams      1.76oz
AU$18


Botanical dyes 
(dyed with Eucalypt, Madder root, Walnut, Elderberry, Indigo,Acorn)



Indigo






Jewels





NEW colours !!! 

 IxCHeL Tweed Yarn 


Super soft lambs wool 70% and Kid Mohair 30%

Spun singles, fingering or sock weight yarn

+/- 200meters/218yards

50grams      1.76oz

AU$16





Nephrite Jade 
 (A beautiful deep sage green colour with fun blue, lime and salmon speckles)
SOLD
Making new batch soon! 



Grevillea + new ! 
 A vibrant raspberry pink tweed with deep purple, lime and soft pink speckles)








IxCHeL Tweed fingering weight yarn


Super soft lambs wool 70% and Kid Mohair 30%

Spun singles, fingering or sock weight yarn

+/- 200meters/218yards

50grams      1.76oz

AU$16





Great Barrier Reef




Leafy Seadragon




Flying Fox




Airlie Beach




Sea Mist





Amethyst



Wattle
(A beautiful sunshine yellow that goes so well with the kookaburra the silver grey)



Kata Tjuta           BACK IN STOCK !!!
(an intense pure red that goes well with the Kookaburra and the Wattle and the Amethyst colourway and soooooo  many others)




Kookaburra
(a beautiful silver grey with ochre accents that complement the dingo colourway)



Dingo
( A beautiful warm honey ochre with pops of royal bluebell, kingfisher and kangaroo paw)





Dusky Grevillea
(a gorgeous raspberry base with pops of royal bluebell, flowering gum, grey and daintree)






Flowering Gum
( a gorgeous medieval warm red with bright red, kookaburra and fern forest accents)







Fern Forest
( a deep forest green with accents of bright red, dusky purple and daintree) )









Jacarandah 
( a fabulous deep purple with accents of royal bluebell, daintree, grevillea and kingfisher )







Wombat
( a fabulous deep walnut brown with accents of dingo and kookaburra)






Kangaroo Paw 
( a fabulous warm orange with accents of fern forest, royal bluebell and grevillea and dingo )





isn’t it gorgeous how the Kangaroo paw knits up?! )








Royal Bluebell 
( a deep blue with accents of flowering gum, kookaburra and fern forest )






Wallaby
( a warm light brown with accents of soft blue and kookaburra)







Daintree ( a soft green with accents of fern forest and dingo)







Kingfisher 
( a fabulous Turquoise blue with accents of fern forest, kangaroo paw, Jacaranda and Grevillea)
(Out of stock but more coming soon !)





Landscape dyes




100g tubs   AU$12
250 g tubs   AU$27

Want to dye your own with easy to use acid dyes? I have been selling these Landscape dyes at my workshops and shows for a long time :  They are extremely easy to use and come in great shades.

Just contact me with the name of the colour you are after and I will get right back to you.




All my contact details are here:

Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Any questions about custom orders: spinning or dyeing orders: Always happy to enable. 

How to Order: email or message me on facebook, Ravelry or Instagram, quoting how many tops, yarns or clubs you would like, together with your postal and email address and I will get right back to you with all your order and payment details. 

1. You can email me on ixchelbunnyart at gmail dot com  or ixchelbunny at yahoo dot com dot au
2. Message me on facebook or 
3. Message me on www.ravelry.com  where I am ixchelbunny.
4. message me on Instagram where I am @ixchelbunny



Shipping :  I am still working and mailing the parcels out fast as humanly possible :-) All orders received and paid for of the Friday updates, will be shipped first thing monday morning. We do daily post office runs (if necessary). The recent AusPost changes to parcel pickups from businesses therefore does not apply to us because WE deliver your parcel directly to our nearest AusPost hub.
Seeing that there are currently lots of Covid cases, especially in NSW ain VIC, there can be some AusPost sorting centres that do not have enough staff so there will be delays in getting the parcel to you. As soon as your parcel is shipped you will receive an automatic email from AusPost with the tracking number so you can see where your parcel is and the approximate ETA. 
Overseas deliveries are highly impacted by the very low amount of planes out of Australia t the moment and the very high pressure on AuPost. Please be patient during these pandemic times. We do our utmost to keep everything running smoothly on our end and if you have any questions: please do not hesitate to ask. Always happy to help! 

Stay safe! 
Keep crafting !
Be Happy !
Stay Awesome !


Keep your eyes out for any news on the 

ixchelbunny Instagram feed and the IxCHeL facebook page!!

Show the Love and Follow me on Instagram 





 RABBIT ON !
((hugs))
Charly
qrcode




No comments: