Friday, January 10, 2020

It's a wild crafty world


First of all a huge thank you to all who have supported the wonderful effort of the Ravelry group Bushfire support 2020. 
 There have been so many who responded positively that in just a matter of a week I have been able to donate $500 to the Gippsland Emergency Recovery Fund. 
More is needed of course and the threat of the bushfires is not over yet, but I am so happy to get these funds out as fast as possible to all those who need it most. 

I have heard that there have been 500 million !!!  wildlife that have probably perished and so so many more koalas, wombats, kangaroos and wallabies have been orphaned, badly hurt and burnt. Wildlife needs our help too and I am so happy to see that all over the world there are people making wildlife pouches for all kinds of animals in need.

So, I have been asked to dye up some 8 ply. I had already  donated all the 8 ply and DK weight I had in stock so I had nothing to offer. But I will have a few kilos on Monday in gorgeous merino, alpaca and silk 8 ply, with pure merino 8ply coming later. So, I will be dyeing them as well , this time in two colourways: The “sexy Bushfire Scientist” colourway you saw last week on my sock weight yarns and a new botanical dye one. See Photos later. Again: 15% of the total sales will go to raise funds. This time I would like to raise funds for Wildlife Victoria  : https://www.wildlifevictoria.org.au/donate/donate-to-wildlife-victoria) Again: you can donate directly to them as well AND you can donate your wildlife rescue pouches and pouch linings to wildlife Victoria shelters as well. 
Before you start donating goods, please contact Wildlife Vic beforehand so you know exactly what is needed. I have been told there is need for pouch liners, because they need to get washed and cleaned more often. Again, call or contact the Wildlife Victoria org first. There is also an excellent facebook group which is a national one right here: www.facebook.com/arfsncrafts/

It has been a super hectic week here even more than usual. I have been dyeing all the Bushfire fundraiser yarns and starting next week, the first shipments of the yarn will go out. I still have to dye lots and the drying process is now a bit slower because it has started to rain here ! Go figure ! to keep you updated of everything: please check out my facebook and Instagram pages as well as the bushfire fundraiser group here: https://www.ravelry.com/groups/bushfire-support-2020-australia

I have also started prepping and organising all the IxCHeL fibre, yarn and batt clubs for January. It's all happening here! I expect to have all the clubs finished by the end of January. I was hoping to get it done a bit faster but the bushfire fundraiser is taking up some time. Not a dull moment ! I will post some teaser photos of the IxCHeL clubs January on my Instagram later this weekend so all the members can see what they can look forward to ! 

I have added some NEW COLOURS to the IxCHeL Tweed yarn range! Please check them out: they are awesome! Amethyst:  A stunning purple, Airlie Beach (a creamy natural), Sea Mist (a dreamy light blue), Great Barrier Reef (A super awesome blue with bright speckles), Leafy Seadragon (Green with pops of colour) and Flying Fox (a beautiful charcoal grey). These yarns are amazing for any fair isle or colourwork project !

Thank you for your support!!! 



Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable. All my contact details are to be found at the end of this week’s blog entry. Have fun !!!





IxCHeL Bushfire Fundraising effort Part2 


First yarn base: Merino 65%, Alpaca 25%, Silk 10%; 8 ply, 100g, 200meters AU$32

Second yarn base:  Merino 8ply: Pure Merino, 100grams , 200 meters  AU$30










Sexy Bushfire scientist Merino, Alpaca , Silk yarn




Close up of the merino, alpaca, silk yarn




Botanical dye 
(dyed with indigo, madder root, walnut, saffron, eucalypt)
On IxCheL 8ply Dk Weight merino base yarn






IxCHeL Merino 8ply DK weight yarn Base






IxCHeL Aran Tweed Yarn

I have two colourways available at the moment: Both with the most colourful speckles and pops of colour you can think of and both in pure wool, spun with lots of love


50 grams AU$16 , appr 80 meters per skein.




IxCHeL Aran Tweed Coral Sea








IxCHeL Aran weight Tweed Coral Sea with bright pops of colour


IxCHeL Aran Tweed Coral Sea 






IxCHeL Aran Tweed Opal








IxCHeL Aran weight Tweed Opal  with bright pops of colour









IxCHeL Tweed fingering weight yarn

Super soft lambswool 70% and Kid Mohair 30%

Spun singles, fingering or sock weight yarn

+/- 200meters/218yards

50grams      1.76oz

AU$16

NEW Colours !!!





Leafy Seadragon




Flying Fox




Airlie Beach




Sea Mist





Amethyst
Great Barrier reef


Wattle
(A beautiful sunshine yellow that goes so well with the kookaburra the silver grey)



Kata Tjuta
(an intense pure red that goes well with the Kookaburra and the Wattle and the Amethyst colourway and soooooomany others)



Kookaburra
(a beautiful silver grey with ochre accents that complement the dingo colourway)



Dingo
( A beautiful warm honey ochre with pops of royal bluebell, kingfisher and kangaroo paw)





Grevillea
(a gorgeous raspberry base with pops of royal bluebell, flowering gum, grey and daintree)






Flowering Gum
( a gorgeous medieval warm red with bright red, kookaburra and fern forest accents)







Fern Forest
( a deep forest green with accents of bright red, dusky purple and daintree) )









Jacarandah 
( a fabulous deep purple with accents of royal bluebell, daintree, grevillea and kingfisher )







Wombat
( a fabulous deep walnut brown with accents of dingo and kookaburra)






Kangaroo Paw 
( a fabulous warm orange with accents of fern forest, royal bluebell and grevillea and dingo )





isn’t it gorgeous how the Kangaroo paw knits up?! )








Royal Bluebell 
( a deep blue with accents of flowering gum, kookaburra and fern forest )






Wallaby
( a warm light brown with accents of soft blue and kookaburra)







Daintree ( a soft green with accents of fern forest and dingo)







Kingfisher 
( a fabulous Turquoise blue with accents of fern forest, kangaroo paw, Jacaranda and Grevillea)








Landscape dyes




 100g tubs   AU$11 
250 g tubs AU$26


Want to dye your own with easy to use acid dyes? I have been selling these Landscape dyes at my workshops and shows for a long time :  They are extremely easy to use and come in great shades.
Just contact me with the name of the colour you are after and I will get right back to you.


All my contact details are here:



All my contact details are here:







Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable. All my contact details are to be found at the end of this week’s blog entry. 
Have a fun weekend !!!


How To Order:
1. You can email me on ixchelbunnyart at gmail dot com  or ixchelbunny at yahoo dot com dot au
2. Message me on facebook or 
3. Message me on www.ravelry.com  where I am ixchelbunny.
4. message me on Instagram where I am @ixchelbunny

I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods.


Any questions? Any custom orders for yarn or dyeing fibre? : Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.



Dates to put in your Calendar


keep your eyes out for any news on the 

ixchelbunny Instagram feed and the IxCHeL facebook page!!






 RABBIT ON !
((hugs))
Charly
qrcode

No comments: