Friday, April 17, 2020

Splendid Crafty Isolation




Happy Friday ! yes, It is Friday! Just thought I’d remind everybody, because lots of you are at home all the time, keeping yourselves and others safe and losing track of what day of the week it is. I have been keeping well and busy here at the farm. I have been dyeing lots of Starry night colourways for custom orders : so I am in a Starry Night State of mind. 
After that , I immediately went full on to dyeing for this update and straight into club dyeing mode after. I have chosen a brilliant artist for the month of April as an inspiration : Gabriella Possum Nungurrayi with her 7 sisters grandmothers country art work. I hope I can do it justice. 
As soon as I saw this painting, I immediately “envisaged” all the different dye techniques I could use on the yarns and fibres: glazing, speckling, painting, using a combination of natural dyes and acid dyes. It is very exciting for sure and I am looking forward to sharing more photos with you . In the meantime here is a look at the artwork itself :





There are some pretty exciting things that I am planning for the next few months , including new yarns and new blends, including some pretty amazing rare breeds AND a super BIG surprise !
So, please keep an eye on my updates and also the facebook and Instagram posts.

I try to post as much as I can to keep everybody updated. A you can see, I am still working hard to keep everybody well supplied with lots of fibery and yarnie goodies and shipping them all off to all of you. Your support is making a huge impact on keeping our fibre farm going. As a small micro business and small farm, we do not receive any funding or “corona relief funding” so I am extremely grateful that there have been many people who are still ordering and giving us support! I will work very hard to keep on enabling everybody as long as I possibly can !

In these stressful times I do feel that we all need a bit of relief and doing anything crafty, whether it be knitting or weaving, spinning or felting, it all helps keeping the stress levels as low as possible. And, for all of you who are doing homeschooling now as well, it is a great time to introduce kids to crafts to get them some “time away from screens” and learn new skills. I don’t know about you, but I am so grateful I have been taught weaving, knitting and spinning at a young age, preparing me in an amazing way for these apocalyptic times, in a good way.

I am keeping busy, and this blend I am offering you today, certainly has kept me busy! Camel, Angora bunny, Cashmere and Silk ! To blend fine fibres like that all together including silk with it’s long staplelength, means that you have to be on the ball at all times. Over blending and over gilling means that you will get tops that will have nepps in them. When you overwork fine fibres you can damage the fibres easily , which can make them harder to spin and also do a total disservice to the super fine fibres they are. So, hours and hours are spent to get it just right. I am over the moon with this batch and I hope you are to. I thought we all needed a big fluffy hug to keep us going !


Stay safe, stay connected and please, do not forget to have fun !

Here’s this weeks update . Email me , message me on facebook, Instagram or on Ravelry if you want to spin or felt some of these amazing fibres.




Camelbunny Silk and Cashmere Tops

A beautiful blend with fine camel fibres, our own IxCHeL Angora Bunny and Cashmere goat fibres and Mulberry Silk

super fine, shiny and super awesome to spin !

50grams, 1.75 ounces    AU$24

The Big Blue Yonder (dyed with Woad plants) -3 LEFT-


Send in the Clowns -SOLD-


You Looking at me , Punk? -SOLD-



Gothic Barbie -1 LEFT-




Purple Party -1 LEFT-





Velvet -SOLD-




Natural





Indigo Shibori 
(dyed with homegrown Japanese Indigo) -SOLD-




Zombies n Mermaids -SOLD-




Bushwalking in Petticoats -SOLD-




Autumn Leaves -SOLD-





Lord Byron loves Cheese -SOLD-




Unicorn Rainbow Blast -SOLD-




Sexy Weather Man -1 LEFT-




Vampire Den -SOLD-




Romantic Isolation -SOLD-



To order: email or message me on facebook, Ravelry or Instagram, quoting the colourway and the quantity you would like, together with your postal address and I will get right back to you with all the payment details.




Woad, Japanese Indigo and True Indigo Dye seed packs

At the moment I have three dye seeds available: 
Woad, Japanese Indigo and True Indigo. 
Please note that due to quarantine restrictions I have been advised not to ship to Western Australia, Tasmania or overseas.

Woad seed packs are $7 

True Indigo and Japanese Indigo seeds are $8 

both come with planting instructions and a recipe to make your own dye bath!



beautiful woad plants getting bigger !




True indigo



To become a member just email me on ixchelbunnyart at gmail dot com or message me on facebook or Instagram. More on how to order the clubs and anything from this update later in the blog in the section “how to order”

IxCHeL Aran Tweed Yarn

I have two colourways available at the moment: Both with the most colourful speckles and pops of colour you can think of and both in pure wool, spun with lots of love


50 grams AU$16 , appr 80 meters per skein.




IxCHeL Aran Tweed Coral Sea








IxCHeL Aran weight Tweed Coral Sea with bright pops of colour


IxCHeL Aran Tweed Coral Sea 






IxCHeL Aran Tweed Opal








IxCHeL Aran weight Tweed Opal  with bright pops of colour









IxCHeL Tweed fingering weight yarn

Super soft lambswool 70% and Kid Mohair 30%

Spun singles, fingering or sock weight yarn

+/- 200meters/218yards

50grams      1.76oz

AU$16

NEW Colours !!!





Great Barrier Reef




Leafy Seadragon




Flying Fox




Airlie Beach




Sea Mist





Amethyst

Wattle
(A beautiful sunshine yellow that goes so well with the kookaburra the silver grey)



Kata Tjuta
(an intense pure red that goes well with the Kookaburra and the Wattle and the Amethyst colourway and soooooomany others)



Kookaburra
(a beautiful silver grey with ochre accents that complement the dingo colourway)



Dingo
( A beautiful warm honey ochre with pops of royal bluebell, kingfisher and kangaroo paw)





Grevillea
(a gorgeous raspberry base with pops of royal bluebell, flowering gum, grey and daintree)






Flowering Gum
( a gorgeous medieval warm red with bright red, kookaburra and fern forest accents)







Fern Forest
( a deep forest green with accents of bright red, dusky purple and daintree) )









Jacarandah 
( a fabulous deep purple with accents of royal bluebell, daintree, grevillea and kingfisher )







Wombat
( a fabulous deep walnut brown with accents of dingo and kookaburra)






Kangaroo Paw 
( a fabulous warm orange with accents of fern forest, royal bluebell and grevillea and dingo )





isn’t it gorgeous how the Kangaroo paw knits up?! )








Royal Bluebell 
( a deep blue with accents of flowering gum, kookaburra and fern forest )






Wallaby
( a warm light brown with accents of soft blue and kookaburra)







Daintree ( a soft green with accents of fern forest and dingo)







Kingfisher 
( a fabulous Turquoise blue with accents of fern forest, kangaroo paw, Jacaranda and Grevillea)





Landscape dyes




 100g tubs   AU$12
250 g tubs AU$27

Want to dye your own with easy to use acid dyes? I have been selling these Landscape dyes at my workshops and shows for a long time :  They are extremely easy to use and come in great shades.
Just contact me with the name of the colour you are after and I will get right back to you.




All my contact details are here:

Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable. All my contact details are to be found at the end of this week’s blog entry. 
Have a fun weekend !!!


How To Order:
1. You can email me on ixchelbunnyart at gmail dot com  or ixchelbunny at yahoo dot com dot au
2. Message me on facebook or 
3. Message me on www.ravelry.com  where I am ixchelbunny.
4. message me on Instagram where I am @ixchelbunny

I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods.


Any questions? Any custom orders for yarn or dyeing fibre? : Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.



Dates to put in your Calendar


keep your eyes out for any news on the 

ixchelbunny Instagram feed and the IxCHeL facebook page!!






 RABBIT ON !
((hugs))
Charly
qrcode

No comments: