Friday, April 15, 2022

Fluffy Easter Bunnies


A very fluffy Easter Bunny


Thank you all of joining me here on my blog again! Happy Easter !!! I hope you will have a wonderful weekend filled with yummy chocolate, happy fluffy spinning or knitting and lots of fun ! Especially for this weekend I thought it would be a great idea to offer you some pretty special fluff: our very own Angora Bunny tops. It has been a while since I have processed the angora bunny fibre pure into tops. It takes a lot of work and careful preparing. It is super fine, pretty short staple length and of course very , VERY fluffy. If it is too hot and windy I don’t even start doing this process because it flies everywhere and at the end of the day I would start looking like the abominable snowman…not a good look..lol

As usual I should start at the beginning: with the English angora bunnies who provide this magical fibre. There have been loads of terrible information doing the rounds about angora bunny fibre harvesting and although at every market and show I make it absolutely clear that no bunny was harmed, some animal rights organisations want to make it their goal to say that all bunnies are treated terribly. So, here I am again, at Easter this time, explaining it all again so you exactly know that the fibre you purchase is harvested ethically and lovingly. The bunnies are given a haircut every three months and combed every other day to make sure there are no mats. The Bunny is put on an elevated platform, combed, and then given a haircut with hairdressers scissors. From a very early age they get used to this. Trained with treats and cuddles so they know it is nothing to be afraid of. We do not put them in a harness, tie them up or anything like that: they sit still and they know at the end of it they get a treat and a roam around, happily munching on grass or hay or their favourite vegetable. Here you can see some of the photos of the whole process for yourself:






So, what have I been up to since we last met? 
Hmmmmm let me see: I have finished dyeing about 20 kilos of sock yarn for the show, 
prepped and carded and packed all the April Clubs with the amazing help from Paul who shipped the huge amount off to the post office last Wednesday!!! (so lots of photos coming soon ! but here is a little sneak peek video), 





I also Pyrographed some wonderful phang spindles Paul aka Lair of the Bearded dragon made (photos on my instagram and appearing on Pauls aka Lair of the Bearded dragons etsy shop over the Easter weekend), 
started prepping and dyeing silver star sock yarn and new , absolutely fabulous cashmerino silk 4ply yarn for the show and …. 
Yeah, I think that is about it…lol I tried to get some sleep (mostly unsuccessful…), took care of the fluffy animals and cooked dinners (successfully..lol). 

 What else have I got planned for you on this update? Some gorgeous DK 8ply yarns, freshly dyed . They are the IxCHeL signature Gaia DK yarns, spun with grey and white merino to give an absolutely amazing effect when dyed. And, just to let you see how a yarn knits up : I show you the example of the Wicked High Viz Blooms being knitted up into socks by the amazing Celine O’Callaghan. 
Thanks so much Celine for allowing me to share !








I am planning some pretty exciting fibres and blends in the weeks to come so please do follow me on Instagram or facebook and check in on the blog every Friday. I really do appreciate your awesome support !
So many exciting things to come ! I always say: so much to do , so little time !!!

Here are all the offers for this Good Friday and Easter weekend. Please let me know if you have any questions or requests: always happy to enable! To order: email or message me with what you would like to purchase and I will get right back to you with all the details. 

Have a lot of fun this weekend !!

IxCHeL Pure Angora Bunny Tops

Absolute bliss to spin on its own or blend with other fibres. Heaven to wear, knit, crochet, felt and weave with.

50+grams (+/-1.75Oz)    AU$28


 



pure English angora bunny tops



Gaia DK 8ply Yarn

beautiful pure Australian Merino DK yarn (grey and white merino combined, non superwash. Gorgeous to work with and spun right here in Victoria

100grams (+/-3.5Oz)    +/-  200meters      AU$34


 






Lagoon Splash






Daydreaming






You can’t CTRL me






Gem Corn Magic






Odyssey






Gothic Velvet






Unicorn Confetti






My Chihuahua bites






Wicked High Viz Blooms






I tripped on the carpet






Girl Power






Freezing in a Kilt






Happy Little Trilobites






Fenrir



Princess Bride Tweed Yarn

Black Superfine Merino, Super soft Lambswool Tweed 4 ply yarn with little pops of colour

50+grams (+/-1.75Oz)    +/-  200meters      AU$16


 










Princess in Training






Inconceivable






As you Wish






True Love






Have Fun Storming the Castle



a gorgeous colourwork jumper with 
"have fun storming the castle" and "Kingfisher" mohair tweed yarn


To order: email or message me on facebook, Ravelry or Instagram, quoting the colourway and the quantity you would like, together with your postal address and I will get right back to you with all the payment details. Lock down or not: I am still working and mailing the parcels out fast as humanly possible :-)




IxCHeL Tweed Yarn  

Hand dyed


Super soft lambs wool 70% and Kid Mohair 30%

Spun singles, fingering or sock weight yarn

+/- 200meters/218yards

50grams      1.76oz

AU$18





Indigo  1 available






Jewels  2 available





NEW colours !!! 

 IxCHeL Tweed Yarn 


Super soft lambs wool 70% and Kid Mohair 30%

Spun singles, fingering or sock weight yarn

+/- 200meters/218yards

50grams      1.76oz

AU$16





Nephrite Jade 
 (A beautiful deep sage green colour with fun blue, lime and salmon speckles)



Grevillea + new ! 
 A vibrant raspberry pink tweed with deep purple, lime and soft pink speckles)





To order: email or message me on facebook, Ravelry or Instagram, quoting the colourway and the quantity you would like, together with your postal address and I will get right back to you with all the payment details.


IxCHeL Tweed fingering weight yarn


Super soft lambs wool 70% and Kid Mohair 30%

Spun singles, fingering or sock weight yarn

+/- 200meters/218yards

50grams      1.76oz

AU$16





Great Barrier Reef




Leafy Seadragon




Flying Fox




Airlie Beach




Sea Mist





Amethyst

Wattle
(A beautiful sunshine yellow that goes so well with the kookaburra the silver grey)



Kata Tjuta           BACK IN STOCK !!!
(an intense pure red that goes well with the Kookaburra and the Wattle and the Amethyst colourway and soooooo  many others)



Kookaburra
(a beautiful silver grey with ochre accents that complement the dingo colourway)



Dingo
( A beautiful warm honey ochre with pops of royal bluebell, kingfisher and kangaroo paw)





Dusky Grevillea
(a gorgeous raspberry base with pops of royal bluebell, flowering gum, grey and daintree)






Flowering Gum
( a gorgeous medieval warm red with bright red, kookaburra and fern forest accents)







Fern Forest
( a deep forest green with accents of bright red, dusky purple and daintree) )









Jacarandah 
( a fabulous deep purple with accents of royal bluebell, daintree, grevillea and kingfisher )







Wombat
( a fabulous deep walnut brown with accents of dingo and kookaburra)






Kangaroo Paw 
( a fabulous warm orange with accents of fern forest, royal bluebell and grevillea and dingo )





isn’t it gorgeous how the Kangaroo paw knits up?! )








Royal Bluebell 
( a deep blue with accents of flowering gum, kookaburra and fern forest )






Wallaby
( a warm light brown with accents of soft blue and kookaburra)







Daintree ( a soft green with accents of fern forest and dingo)







Kingfisher 
( a fabulous Turquoise blue with accents of fern forest, kangaroo paw, Jacaranda and Grevillea)





Landscape dyes




 100g tubs   AU$12
250 g tubs AU$27

Want to dye your own with easy to use acid dyes? I have been selling these Landscape dyes at my workshops and shows for a long time :  They are extremely easy to use and come in great shades.
Just contact me with the name of the colour you are after and I will get right back to you.




All my contact details are here:

Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable. All my contact details are to be found at the end of this week’s blog entry. 
Have a fun weekend !!!


How To Order:
1. You can email me on ixchelbunnyart at gmail dot com  or ixchelbunny at yahoo dot com dot au
2. Message me on facebook or 
3. Message me on www.ravelry.com  where I am ixchelbunny.
4. message me on Instagram where I am @ixchelbunny

I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods.


Any questions? Any custom orders for yarn or dyeing fibre? : Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.



Keep your eyes out for any news on the 

ixchelbunny Instagram feed and the IxCHeL facebook page!!

Show the Love and Follow me on Instagram 





 RABBIT ON !
((hugs))
Charly
qrcode




No comments: