Friday, April 22, 2022

Happy Earth Day !


It is April 22nd and that apparently means : Happy Earth Day !!! 

I truly believe we should celebrate Earth Day every day but hey, making today a special one will hopefully mean that more trees will be planted, because for every order that I receive today and over the weekend, a tree will be planted.

 Let’s start a forest !
 



The great thing about operating a small craft business, is that you can make the rules: from the very start sustainability was our main motto. 
I guess that dealing with animals and growing dye plants, our own vegetables, means that taking care of the earth was always the most important thing. 
 One of the things we started early on was  eliminating all plastic use. Our postal satchels are all bio degradable and home compostable, we use recycled paper and the only thing we still use, but are almost at the end of the roll of..is cellophane for wrapping my funky bunny batts and club batts in. 

We compost, recycle and use rainwater and hardly have any waste at all. The only thing I wish we could add to our roof are solar panels, but we are working on that. 

 So, what have I been up to? Well, I am starting to say to myself I don’t know whether I am coming or going, because I have been painting and dyeing non stop in preparation for the Hand knitters and crochet guild show on May the 14th and 15th at the Coburg Town Hall. Not long to go now ! 
Please come and visit: you can book your tickets at trybooking.com and you automatically go in the running to win a door prize ! 
Talking about doors: my stall is right next to the entrance door to the left. Our usual corner stall with lots of yarns and mountains of fibres and spindles, needle cases, nostepinne, bowls and darning dragon eggs !

I have been doing lots and lots of dyeing and I now only have the last of the silver star sock yarn (about kilos) left to do and then I can focus completely on finishing and dyeing some of my angora bunny yarns and angora wallaby yarns together with some other very rare guanaco yarns and mink yarns I have for the show. 
 Only about three weeks to go and oh how I need every last minute of it before the show starts. In the meantime , every Friday, I will offer you something special here on the blog so you can see what I have been up to. I wanted to offer you some special rare breed fibre together with the special IxCHeL sock yarn but I ran out of time, so the rare breed fibre is going to be next Friday ! promise !



Last week I received a wonderful message from a great customer , Rachel, who has knitted amazing happy little trilobite socks !!! and she very graciously allowed me to share her photos and knitting chart so you can knit your own happy little trilobite socks ! 
Have a look at them here:

 



There are some happy little trilobite sock yarns available on todays blog so you are in luck ! but of course you can knit these beauties in any colourway you like! 

The offerings today are our custom spun (in Victoria!) IxCHeL sock yarn, hand dyed and absolutely wonderful to work with and soft too! The sock yarn has a great meterage of 410 meters. Not only brilliant for socks of course, shawls and jumpers look amazing made from this yarn as well.

I am planning some pretty exciting fibres and blends in the weeks to come so please do follow me on Instagram or facebook and check in on the blog every Friday. I really do appreciate your awesome support !

So many exciting things to come ! I always say: so much to do , so little time !!!

Here are all the offers for this Happy Earth Weekend. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or requests: always happy to enable!
To order: email or message me with what you would like to purchase and I will get right back to you with all the details. 

Have a lot of fun this weekend !!


IxCHeL Sock weight fingering weight 4 ply Yarn

beautiful Australian Merino, Silk and Nylon (75/5/20), Superwash

100grams (+/-3.5Oz)    +/-  410meters      AU$34


 






Cherry Blossom Love






Anybody want a peanut?






Happy Little Trilobites





Moon & Stars





Hot Chili





PopArt





Unicorn Confetti





Little Monsters





Monet’s garden





Rainforest Dreaming





Starry Night





Dark Side of the Moon





Lilac Blooms




Princess Bride Tweed Yarn

Black Superfine Merino, Super soft Lambswool Tweed 4 ply yarn with little pops of colour

50+grams (+/-1.75Oz)    +/-  200meters      AU$16






Princess in Training






Inconceivable






As you Wish






True Love






Have Fun Storming the Castle



a gorgeous colourwork jumper with 
"have fun storming the castle" and "Kingfisher" mohair tweed yarn


To order: email or message me on facebook, Ravelry or Instagram, quoting the colourway and the quantity you would like, together with your postal address and I will get right back to you with all the payment details. Lock down or not: I am still working and mailing the parcels out fast as humanly possible :-)




IxCHeL Tweed Yarn  

Hand dyed


Super soft lambs wool 70% and Kid Mohair 30%

Spun singles, fingering or sock weight yarn

+/- 200meters/218yards

50grams      1.76oz

AU$18





Indigo  1 available






Jewels  2 available






 IxCHeL Tweed Yarn 


Super soft lambs wool 70% and Kid Mohair 30%

Spun singles, fingering or sock weight yarn

+/- 200meters/218yards

50grams      1.76oz

AU$16





Nephrite Jade 
 (A beautiful deep sage green colour with fun blue, lime and salmon speckles)



Grevillea +  
 A vibrant raspberry pink tweed with deep purple, lime and soft pink speckles)







Great Barrier Reef




Leafy Seadragon




Flying Fox




Airlie Beach




Sea Mist





Amethyst

Wattle
(A beautiful sunshine yellow that goes so well with the kookaburra the silver grey)



Kata Tjuta           BACK IN STOCK !!!
(an intense pure red that goes well with the Kookaburra and the Wattle and the Amethyst colourway and soooooo  many others)



Kookaburra
(a beautiful silver grey with ochre accents that complement the dingo colourway)



Dingo
( A beautiful warm honey ochre with pops of royal bluebell, kingfisher and kangaroo paw)





Dusky Grevillea
(a gorgeous raspberry base with pops of royal bluebell, flowering gum, grey and daintree)






Flowering Gum
( a gorgeous medieval warm red with bright red, kookaburra and fern forest accents)







Fern Forest
( a deep forest green with accents of bright red, dusky purple and daintree) )









Jacarandah 
( a fabulous deep purple with accents of royal bluebell, daintree, grevillea and kingfisher )







Wombat
( a fabulous deep walnut brown with accents of dingo and kookaburra)






Kangaroo Paw 
( a fabulous warm orange with accents of fern forest, royal bluebell and grevillea and dingo )





isn’t it gorgeous how the Kangaroo paw knits up?! )








Royal Bluebell 
( a deep blue with accents of flowering gum, kookaburra and fern forest )






Wallaby
( a warm light brown with accents of soft blue and kookaburra)







Daintree ( a soft green with accents of fern forest and dingo)







Kingfisher 
( a fabulous Turquoise blue with accents of fern forest, kangaroo paw, Jacaranda and Grevillea)





Landscape dyes




 100g tubs   AU$12
250 g tubs AU$27

Want to dye your own with easy to use acid dyes? I have been selling these Landscape dyes at my workshops and shows for a long time :  They are extremely easy to use and come in great shades.
Just contact me with the name of the colour you are after and I will get right back to you.




All my contact details are here:

Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable. All my contact details are to be found at the end of this week’s blog entry. 
Have a fun weekend !!!


How To Order:
1. You can email me on ixchelbunnyart at gmail dot com  or ixchelbunny at yahoo dot com dot au
2. Message me on facebook or 
3. Message me on www.ravelry.com  where I am ixchelbunny.
4. message me on Instagram where I am @ixchelbunny

I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods.


Any questions? Any custom orders for yarn or dyeing fibre? : Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.



Keep your eyes out for any news on the 

ixchelbunny Instagram feed and the IxCHeL facebook page!!

Show the Love and Follow me on Instagram 





 RABBIT ON !
((hugs))
Charly
qrcode




No comments: