Friday, April 1, 2022

Life is an Adventure





Another week has gone by filled with lots of dyeing and finalizing some pretty exciting testing and blending and spinning. 

The piles and piles of yarns dyed , drying and ready to skein, with about 10 kilos of super special silver star yarn still to dye. 

Meantime, when I am not in the dye room, I am spinning as much of angora bunny, arctic minks, guanaco and vampire deer yarns I can do. It is April first and no, this is not an April fools joke! : the April clubs are all being prepped as well ! Yeah right! I am not really taking it easy…lolol 
 This is exactly why, I decided very early on that this year the Coburg town hall Hand knitters and crocheters guild show on May 14th and 15th would be the only show I would do this year. 
To do a show well and with enough stock, it is absolutely a marathon ! I live, breathe and do hardly anything else than trying to get as much ready. And, this is not even telling you about all the events going on in the back ground in order to get actual fibres in ! 
You may know, that since I have been focusing on supporting farmers who breed rare breeds or offer you fluffy stuff from sometimes far, far away, this comes with a huge amount of challenges. One day I may put all my adventures on paper but safe to say I have been battling with courier companies and quarantine and bureaucratic fantastical beasts for about a full on  week ..it is frustrating..it is costly and is infuriating. But, in the end, my perseverance won and I am happy to say that at least I have my eager hands on fabulous Ukrainian Romanov sheep again after a  full years of trying to get it AND supporting a farmer in the process ( and may I say..just in time)
When things like that happen I give it my all and I have to admit, it takes a LOT out of me . At the same time I was having “interesting” conversations with Australian import agents about the guanaco and dealing with more to get bison ! 
There are also some AWESOME Scottish soay blend and Seaweed sheep tops AND last but not least: the long awaited Qiviut tops from Norway ! I am emotionally (and financially….lol) spent but it is safe in my hands ready for me to prep and dye all the fluff  and offer it all to you soon!!!! Yeah !!

So what have I got ready for you on this April first blog update? 

 Black Bunny Galaxy Tops !! I thought it was time to attach some extremely happy colourful pops of colour to my intensely black, black bunny ! This is the second batch I have done of these and I absolutely LOVE this batch: it has all the pretty colours and it spins up beautifully, even fine if you want fine yarns!


I also have finished some long awaited tweed fingering weight yarn colours like Nephrite and Paul is helping me to skein and label all those up , ready for the show in May. I have listed them all below, so please have a look! They are absolutely awesome and so soft to knit and wear ! and yes, of course you can order them now from the blog already: just emaiil or message me :-) (All the details of the tweed yarns and my contact details below).




Today’s blog offering has been a long time in the making…I have been trying very hard to make a blend in top that will be able to be spun fine (so that means is needs to be well blended) , soft , with a solid base of one colour and have colourful little speckles of joy in them. Not too many, not too little.. I of course went and tried the hardest base ever to test this theory out: My black bunny blend with super fine merino, Silk and angora. If you add anything to the black base of colour it might influence the base: make it more red or blue or even greenish in hue. I want the base colour to remain the same but still have those colourful pops and the colourful pops also needed to be natural fibres.

Most of the tweed yarns on the market that are machine spun on a large scale have acrylic nepps in them. I love the effect of the IxCHeL tweed I am offering you with wool and mohair nepps, but I wanted to offer the possibility for people to spin their own. So a lot of research and development has been done and tonight’s update is the start of this new tweedy top adventure. The first of these is what I have named “ Galaxy Black Bunny Tops”.

Because the top is so well blended it is excellent to spin it very fine and still have that tweedy look with lots of colourful pops. I got a bit  carried away , because I started spinning and wound up with a test skein of lace yarn: 32 grams with 257meters ! That means that I would have around 800meters per 100grams!








and see how it looks woven up 
(Thank you Susan Ash for supplying the photo and the weaving !)



You will love spinning this top and start a new adventure with these Galaxy tops. 












Galaxy Black Bunny Tops

Black Superfine Merino, Black Mulberry silk, Black Angora Bunny and technicolour Silk little pops of colour

100+grams (+/-3.5Oz) AU$27


 
















To order: email or message me on facebook, Ravelry or Instagram, quoting the colourway and the quantity you would like, together with your postal address and I will get right back to you with all the payment details. Lock down or not: I am still working and mailing the parcels out fast as humanly possible :-)




IxCHeL Tweed Yarn  

Hand dyed


Super soft lambs wool 70% and Kid Mohair 30%

Spun singles, fingering or sock weight yarn

+/- 200meters/218yards

50grams      1.76oz

AU$18





Indigo  1 available






Jewels  2 available





NEW colours !!! 

 IxCHeL Tweed Yarn 


Super soft lambs wool 70% and Kid Mohair 30%

Spun singles, fingering or sock weight yarn

+/- 200meters/218yards

50grams      1.76oz

AU$16





Nephrite Jade 
 (A beautiful deep sage green colour with fun blue, lime and salmon speckles)



Grevillea + new ! 
 A vibrant raspberry pink tweed with deep purple, lime and soft pink speckles)





To order: email or message me on facebook, Ravelry or Instagram, quoting the colourway and the quantity you would like, together with your postal address and I will get right back to you with all the payment details.


IxCHeL Tweed fingering weight yarn


Super soft lambs wool 70% and Kid Mohair 30%

Spun singles, fingering or sock weight yarn

+/- 200meters/218yards

50grams      1.76oz

AU$16





Great Barrier Reef




Leafy Seadragon




Flying Fox




Airlie Beach




Sea Mist





Amethyst

Wattle
(A beautiful sunshine yellow that goes so well with the kookaburra the silver grey)



Kata Tjuta           BACK IN STOCK !!!
(an intense pure red that goes well with the Kookaburra and the Wattle and the Amethyst colourway and soooooo  many others)



Kookaburra
(a beautiful silver grey with ochre accents that complement the dingo colourway)



Dingo
( A beautiful warm honey ochre with pops of royal bluebell, kingfisher and kangaroo paw)





Dusky Grevillea
(a gorgeous raspberry base with pops of royal bluebell, flowering gum, grey and daintree)






Flowering Gum
( a gorgeous medieval warm red with bright red, kookaburra and fern forest accents)







Fern Forest
( a deep forest green with accents of bright red, dusky purple and daintree) )









Jacarandah 
( a fabulous deep purple with accents of royal bluebell, daintree, grevillea and kingfisher )







Wombat
( a fabulous deep walnut brown with accents of dingo and kookaburra)






Kangaroo Paw 
( a fabulous warm orange with accents of fern forest, royal bluebell and grevillea and dingo )





isn’t it gorgeous how the Kangaroo paw knits up?! )








Royal Bluebell 
( a deep blue with accents of flowering gum, kookaburra and fern forest )






Wallaby
( a warm light brown with accents of soft blue and kookaburra)







Daintree ( a soft green with accents of fern forest and dingo)







Kingfisher 
( a fabulous Turquoise blue with accents of fern forest, kangaroo paw, Jacaranda and Grevillea)





Landscape dyes




 100g tubs   AU$12
250 g tubs AU$27

Want to dye your own with easy to use acid dyes? I have been selling these Landscape dyes at my workshops and shows for a long time :  They are extremely easy to use and come in great shades.
Just contact me with the name of the colour you are after and I will get right back to you.




All my contact details are here:

Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable. All my contact details are to be found at the end of this week’s blog entry. 
Have a fun weekend !!!


How To Order:
1. You can email me on ixchelbunnyart at gmail dot com  or ixchelbunny at yahoo dot com dot au
2. Message me on facebook or 
3. Message me on www.ravelry.com  where I am ixchelbunny.
4. message me on Instagram where I am @ixchelbunny

I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods.


Any questions? Any custom orders for yarn or dyeing fibre? : Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.



Keep your eyes out for any news on the 

ixchelbunny Instagram feed and the IxCHeL facebook page!!

Show the Love and Follow me on Instagram 





 RABBIT ON !
((hugs))
Charly
qrcode




No comments: